Request The Flintstones (1994) by Williams

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
What's the likely-hood of this? Will the rights be easier to gain as it's licenced from the cartoon rather than the movie?

It's such a happy little table!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
oh man, i love this table :cool:

i really like it, the playfield, modes, and as i said in another topic -> especially the music, wilmas snickering, barneys "hey hey ball saved", freds "go for the strike"... love it <3

never been a fan of the cratoon and the movie IS a real disaster lol :D

btw, it is licensed from the movie -> rick morranis as barney, john goodman as fred etc...

image-5.jpg

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The backglass art alone you're looking at least at $25,000. in royalties for the likenesses appearing including, John Goodman, Rosie O'Donnell , Rick Moranis , Elisabeth Perkins, Halle Berry , ect .

Hanna Barbera animation was last owned by Turner Broadcasting as in Ted Turner , and the film I believe was Universal Studios , so more pieces of the pie to sort out. Like all movie tie in licenses , this one has to have a public demand , and we would all love to see it happen , it might take a while .

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The backglass art alone you're looking at least at $25,000. in royalties for the likenesses appearing including, John Goodman, Rosie O'Donnell , Rick Moranis , Elisabeth Perkins, Halle Berry , ect .

Hanna Barbera animation was last owned by Turner Broadcasting as in Ted Turner , and the film I believe was Universal Studios , so more pieces of the pie to sort out. Like all movie tie in licenses , this one has to have a public demand , and we would all love to see it happen , it might take a while .

I am still waiting to hear if it is possible to do tables without likenesses (whiting out that spot or something) when an actor won't give permission or be too extreme in their demands. However I always thought it should be used in those circumstances. I would campaign for them to remove Rosie O'Donnell out of the backglass!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Well they're trying to preserve tables not modify that would take away from its "correctness" Wich is the #1 thing when trying to preserve somthing or else it becomes like a game of telephone. Someone shoul have told that old lady that before her preservation attemt on christ. LOL!:)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I, for one, am completely against altering playfield layouts, artwork, and voiceovers just to get around licenses. If a song (that doesn't alter the table's overall atmosphere) or two needs to be left out for licensing reasons (CFTBL), then so be it, but that's as far as any altering should go. If major altering is required to get around licensing roadblocks, then I'd rather not see the table butchered.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I feel that everything possible should be done to preserve every aspect of the table whenever one is produced. The reference to Rosie o donnell was mainly a joke (although my preference is to not have to see her on any pinball table but blame WMS for making the table in the first place). It is beyond me how they were not able to get all the songs for cftbl but I don't mind missing one so long as I get to play cftbl. Same with Addams. If the raul julia estate won't play ball then cut him out. The playfield is drawn and doesn't necessarily resemble him. I just want the table and would rather have it with his image sacrificed than not having it at all.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I, for one, am completely against altering playfield layouts, artwork, and voiceovers just to get around licenses. If a song (that doesn't alter the table's overall atmosphere) or two needs to be left out for licensing reasons (CFTBL), then so be it, but that's as far as any altering should go. If major altering is required to get around licensing roadblocks, then I'd rather not see the table butchered.

To save $25,000 and remove Rosie from the backglass would be well worth it if the cartoon characters were put in its place. We don't even see the backglass when we play on here anyways.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The actors likenesses are on the playfield artwork as well. If FarSight begins altering licensed tables, then the whole point of The Pinball Arcade project becomes mute and FarSight would be better off designing original tables based on the layouts of real world tables...sound familiar? I hope that never happens!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The actors likenesses are on the playfield artwork as well. If FarSight begins altering licensed tables, then the whole point of The Pinball Arcade project becomes mute and FarSight would be better off designing original tables based on the layouts of real world tables...sound familiar? I hope that never happens!
If they can make The Shadow for less licensing money due to swapping the backglass for the alternative one without Baldwin, I'd call that a win-win situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts