PC - Request Obsessive Simulation - Coin Slot

Bibidibop

Aug 29, 2012
This would just be for show, but I think it would really add a welcome level of obsessive simulation; why not make it so the cabinets can be opened? It would let us look at the ancient electronics, and see how many coins have been pumped into the slots. The latter makes it an organic method of showing how many times the machine has been played, and for how long, thanks to the amount of quarters present. Taken further, there could be a command to empty the coin bin, and those coins could go to a statistics screen with a vault, where the coins are tallied and listed in dollars. That way, players can see how much virtual money has been spend playing the machine.

P.S. I'm very excited for the release of the Star Trek The Next Generation machine on PC.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Given the choice (because that's what Farsight would have to make), would you rather see something like this, or a new table?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
This would just be for show, but I think it would really add a welcome level of obsessive simulation; why not make it so the cabinets can be opened? It would let us look at the ancient electronics, and see how many coins have been pumped into the slots. The latter makes it an organic method of showing how many times the machine has been played, and for how long, thanks to the amount of quarters present. Taken further, there could be a command to empty the coin bin, and those coins could go to a statistics screen with a vault, where the coins are tallied and listed in dollars. That way, players can see how much virtual money has been spend playing the machine.

P.S. I'm very excited for the release of the Star Trek The Next Generation machine on PC.

The biggest issue is it's a lot of artist time to model all those components. To get the tables done quickly they model only what's necessary for play.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not really interested in the coin idea. I would never use that. But maybe down the road they could give table stats. Games played, avg score, etc.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
Given the choice (because that's what Farsight would have to make), would you rather see something like this, or a new table?

Good point Gord Lacey. I'd rather see a new table than what's inside the machine.

The biggest issue is it's a lot of artist time to model all those components. To get the tables done quickly they model only what's necessary for play.

I agree that's what should be done. All of the artwork of the table that's visible during gameplay should be modeled, and not worry about anything else that not many people would look at.

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
I definitely see where the OP is coming from.
In a perfect world, it would awesome to have the entire table modeled down to the innards and coinbox. But I'd rather have more playable tables released regularly than something like this.
What I think would be cooler would be a mode to simulate regular wear/tear of a table the more you play it. Like weakening flippers, damaged jet bumpers, and drop targets that get stuck with age.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.