Marvell Pinball - Avengers Chronicles Table Trailer

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I thought Zen pinball was okay, but the super spinning ball drove me nuts. I reluctantly tried Marvel Pinball and fell in love. The ball physics are different and better, and once Zen pinball 2 comes out, the original tables will benefit from those same physics. It took me a while to get used to the 'only in a computer' elements, but then I came to appreciate them. They help tell a story and never really interfere with anything a real table couldn't do. Sure, Whiplash destroying your ball in Iron Man couldn't be done, but that kind of thing is kept relatively toned down as opposed to some virtual pins I've seen.

It's weird, cause PHOF: Williams Collection just makes me long for the real tables, while Marvel Pinball lets me revel in good virtual pin. I don't think you can beat the table layouts that Williams did, but Zen still manages to make some fun addictive tables. In my book, it's all good!

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I agree that Marvel Pinball is better, but Zen Pinball 3D has it better too. The original Zen had the super ball that turns me off.

I thought the trailer for the new MP set is horrible though. Too much footage of the animated characters (that I don't care for) and hardly any footage of the actual gameplay.

Members online

Members online