Any chance of recreating newer Stern Pinball Tables?

sammycasey

Jul 26, 2012
Just wondering if anyone knows if Farsight plans on recreating some of the newer Stern tables such as Transformers, Tron, AC/DC, or Xmen.
Thanks

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As far as I know, the second-generation S.A.M. system used in newer tables has not been successfully emulated. (I'm not sure the first-gen one has, either.)

Also, almost every one of those tables represents a formidable licensing challenge.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Pretty much all of the stern tables will need to be kickstarted due to licensing. I would love to see Lord of the Rings but it just isn't meant to be in TPA :(

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Gimme these - though doubtful - and I'd be more than happy:
Family Guy, LOTR, Spiderman, TSPP.

Edit: I hear AC/DC's good-but yet to play it-But hope to very soon

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well yes, if you don't like AC/DC's music, you're not going to like the table. But in terms of gameplay, it's probably the best that Stern has produced since Family Guy and Iron Man.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry,was just being a troll ( which is not me at all ), I would buy it if it came out for TPA despite me not liking that type of music.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I played AC/DC for the first time this week and thought it was fun, but like most of the other newer stern machines to me they just don't feel as solid as older classic machines. Also saw some X-men gameplay and I was not digging the sound at all. But if I could chose any 1 licensed Stern table it would most definitely be LOTR.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Transformers Pinball - Michael Bay / Paramount Pictures / Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) , Hugo Weaving (voice of Megatron) possibility of license good with kickstarter .
Tron Legacy/ X men Pinball - Disney Studios (Disney owns Marvel as does Sony with X men) voices/likeness of Jeff bridges , Quorra , Sam Flynn , Daft Punk soundtrack . Various X Men images royalties to Marvel Comics possibility of license extremely doubtful due to Disney Studios being very challenging licensor .(they like to do their own properties in-house)
AC/DC Pinball - there are about 5 different music labels assoiciated with them

Albert, EMI, Columbia, Epic, Atlantic, Atco, Elektra, East West, and then the royalties for each band member to be paid out . Unless the band has one rep for merchandising rights. possibility very dubious .

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Gimme these - though doubtful - and I'd be more than happy:
Family Guy, LOTR, Spiderman, TSPP.

Edit: I hear AC/DC's good-but yet to play it-But hope to very soon

Same here. I love LOTR and TSPP, and really want to play FFG and SM. As for AC/DC, it's a throwback to older pinball with simple rules. There's a few multiball modes (all are activated with a cannon), but other than that, you select a song, which, depending on the song, makes a particular shot or section of the playfield worth more points. Once you've accumulated a certain amount of points, you have the option to change the song. Once all 12 songs are played, you enter the Encore Wizard Mode. If you don't like AC/DC, you won't enjoy the table, because that is where all the focus went. Apparently, the band insisted that there are as few distractions to the music as possible, so most shots (targets, bumpers, slingshots, etc) don't make any sounds when hit, and voiced instructions and other non-music noises are few and far between.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
If you don't like AC/DC, you won't enjoy the table, because that is where all the focus went.

I haven't listened to AC/DC before playing the table, and I still enjoy it quite a bit. It reminds me of other Steve Ritchie tables in some ways and I love how the LE has the bottom playfied (though it's similar to the bottom playfied of Nightmare Mansion in Pinball FX2).

This might sound odd, but one table I want to see, if possible, is Stern's Indiana Jones. The ruleset is fairly simple, but I found it to be underrated. It's a blast to play, seems fairly balanced, and has some awesome multiball modes. It's not as good as the Williams IJ, but I like it quite a bit.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Indiana Jones is one of the top 5 tables on IPDB , so it's not underrated , and if FS can scrounge up the bucks to do it, they will.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Indiana Jones is one of the top 5 tables on IPDB , so it's not underrated , and if FS can scrounge up the bucks to do it, they will.
There are two Indiana Jones tables. One is a 1993 Williams, the other is a 2008 Stern. The Williams is very highly acclaimed; the Stern not so much. I can't offer any guidance as to why; I have not played either table.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Whoa 2 tables? , I did not know that , the 2008 Stern is obviously for The Crystal Skull and renewed property , I see it had Colt revolver plungers and a huge video backboard display (like a TV) . The 1993 just Indiana Jones in general good stuff! Looking at the Flyer for the Stern IJ Pinball adventure , $.75 for 1 play ? there is your answer as to why it wasn't popular ......

44002702.jpg

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Big Buck Hunter Pro? I know people tend to hate this machine, but I really enjoy playing it :) One license from Raw Thrills needed. It's quite a shallow table but lots of fun. Being an animal lover I'd rather blast a plastic buck with a pinball than a real one with a gun :D

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I haven't listened to AC/DC before playing the table, and I still enjoy it quite a bit. It reminds me of other Steve Ritchie tables in some ways. . .
It's essentially a modified version of the T2 playfield. I've never played the LE/Premium version, but that lower playfield does not look THAT great - certainly not great enough to leap it 43 places higher than the Pro version on Pinside.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
Hey, this Stern 2008 Indiana Jones looks very good, never seen it before.

I think i like to play it. The Williams Indiana Jones is not good imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts