Best android phone for TPA? S3? Note2? Nexus?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I am a self confessed apple fanboy ( boo,hiss! ) playing TPA on an ipad 3 as well as owning a 4s. I rarely play TPA on the iphone though as the screen is just too small. I've been wanting a larger screen iphone for years and if all the rumours and leaked images are true the next iphone is getting a taller screen which isn't going to help games much at all in my opinion. So I'm thinking very hard about jumping ship. Looking at whats available now and about to be released it looks like a galaxy S3 or the soon to be released Note2. Apart from stating the obvious about screen size how does TPA compare between an S3 and an iphone 4s? does it run as smoothly?

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
The S3 does not have performance issues. If anything it should play better than the iPhone version. The Note2 will have even better performance. You just have to decide what size screen you want. :) How big is too big?

There is a bug in the current S3 OS that causes the framerate to drop periodically (maybe one in ten games). It is easily resolved by pausing and resuming the game. Hopefully it will be fixed when Jelly Bean comes out.

N

Nik Barbour

Installed and played TPA on my sisters newly gotten Note a couple of weeks ago at a family bbq, and the screen is awesome and TPA was smooth as silk, so the note2 can only be better.
Only downside is that screen would be too big for me personally to carry as an everyday phone.
If it was my money I'd go for the S3!

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Runs great on my Razr Maxx but yeah, the S3 is the flagship Android phone of choice right now for sure.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Runs Nicely on the S3.

Never noticed the bug where it slows down but only have the free tables as of yet as I'm an iOS and XBOX player, can't keep up and buy another set of tables yet :D

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Has anyone compared an s3 with an iPhone 4s? Just wondering about other graphical things like anti aliasing ( jaggies? ) and ball reflection etc.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I play it on the Iphone 4 and I don't think there were any real differences. Bigger screen on the s3

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
Its funny, Samsung got sued by Apple due to how similar the S3's UI was. I had a android once (Droid X) I know they've come a was, but I can't stand android phones since. Hopefully the iPhone 5 has a larger screen than the 4.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I have a Galaxy Nexus rooted running CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.1) and I don't have any performance issues. A plus with the Nexus is it's not preloaded with the carrier and manufacturer garbage that can't be removed without root.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So, now that I'm officially an S3 user, i have to say it plays admirably and the nudging is much more refined.

Regarding that Lawsuit. That's not a standard Android interface, that's the custom touchwiz interface developped by Samsung.
Personally i think it's nice anyway, but then again, i'm more the type that digs in and learns new interfaces before i've had a chance to complain about them

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Has anyone compared an s3 with an iPhone 4s? Just wondering about other graphical things like anti aliasing ( jaggies? ) and ball reflection etc.

Then internet will reveal good results for this question now. YouTube in particular...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts