Color DMD's?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was playing an Attack From Mars last night that had a color DMD. I had never played one with color before and was surprised to really like it. It really added something to an already great game. Have you ever seen one or do you own one? Would you like to see this in TPA? Share your thoughts please.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks to SKILL_SHOT. Cool article! I went to their website and found a price. $399 Pretty pricy, but if it was a machine that I was going to hang onto forever...I think I would do it. I would love to play that Addams Family color DMD version they show in the video. Could the build up to the showtime multiball get even better? Apparently yes it can.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
These are after market and thus a separate deal would have to be made with the manufacturer, as well as getting permission from Williams, though I don't think either would be that much of a problem.

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
When I decided to get one for my AFM, it helped that the DMD in my AFM was almost new and one of my other games' display was burned in and needed to be replace. So that counted for around $150 (in my mind at least), and the ColorDMD was certainly worth $250.

I'm very happy with the ColorDMD. It looked great in all the videos I checked out before I bought it, and it looks even better in person.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
colour dmd's and other mods like toys for your rl tables? sure, if it tickles your fancy

stuff mentioned above in tpa? nyah, i like my digital recreations of tables as they are/were, but the main problem being the time and money it would cost to implement such stuff (which isn't a part of the original table to begin with)...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
colour dmd's and other mods like toys for your rl tables? sure, if it tickles your fancy

stuff mentioned above in tpa? nyah, i like my digital recreations of tables as they are/were, but the main problem being the time and money it would cost to implement such stuff (which isn't a part of the original table to begin with)...
While some of the more complicated / sophisticated mods, such as the third magnet in TZ, would be a lot of trouble, I don't think a majority of the stationary toys or color DMDs would be that difficult to implement. However, with a few exceptions, such as the slot machine and piano making the shots easier for new players to identify, most toys really don't add that much to the experience. Color DMDs, on the other hand, are a significant improvement, and it's at least worth looking into.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts