Plants vs Zombies Pinball (Zen x PopCap)

Based on PopCap's hit title, Plants vs. Zombies, Zen Studios brings the zombie invasion to the pinball playfield! Plant your defenses and prepare your flippers for a Plants vs. Zombies pinball adventure!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Looks good and it gives me the Epic Quest feeling.
BUT:
I don't like the physics of Zen. Sorry guys! ;)

P.S. Looks like a Star Wars pinball table in the video.

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
yeah there is as data east star wars table :)

but since completely abandoning pinball fx in favour of tpa i was absolutely horrified by the tiny little gap between the flippers.... just who wants to play 10 hour sessions of pinball?!? :D (a rethorical question btw ;))

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I LOVE pvz! Will be getting zen2 just for this table..

With the ability to demo all the tables now you shouldn't pass up on others as well. I'm a pinball junkie and like both for different reasons. Zen has some original ideas and the tables look much crisper and the controls feel really good.

TPA gives me the nostalgia in playing classic tables in virtual form. Some seem spot on others need tweaks IMO. That said there is so many options for pinball enthusiasts. I know I'll be going back and forth but I do prefer Zen's unique design.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
This, Epic Quest and the later Marveltables (anything apart fromt he first pack where I think the tables are lacking variety) is the way to do casual video-pinball imo.

While I think Sorcerers lair, and other tables (havent bought many apart from Earth Defense and Excalibur) can be fun, the themes are too generic or the tables are too covered with too many gimmicks.

Don't know about these being too easy. I'm still attempting to get past ASSEMBLE in Avengers (although I havent devoted myself to it fully) but the later tables are harder than they might first look.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I look forward to playing the table trial this Wednesday. :)

Trial? First buy for me no doubt. That and TPA DLC #3.

This, Epic Quest and the later Marveltables (anything apart fromt he first pack where I think the tables are lacking variety) is the way to do casual video-pinball imo.

While I think Sorcerers lair, and other tables (havent bought many apart from Earth Defense and Excalibur) can be fun, the themes are too generic or the tables are too covered with too many gimmicks.

Don't know about these being too easy. I'm still attempting to get past ASSEMBLE in Avengers (although I haven't devoted myself to it fully) but the later tables are harder than they might first look.

I think players should look past the 'gimmicks' and view the tables more for how deep they really can be. Sorcerer's lair is one of those table that people can easily get in to yet pinball wizards can master it by getting all the obsidian stones. I know I have had difficulty getting to the 'wizard mode in many of the tables like Earth Defense, Excalibur, MARS. There are table that have wizard modes that are tough to get to and difficult to beat. (Iron Man and in some cases Fear Itself) which is one of my favorite things about Zen's games.

I know many of TPAs tables don't have wizard modes per say. I do find them easier to get to and complete as I've done all the goals necessary for all the table I have. In most cases for Zen I have not completed everything for the trophies. That is why I'm enjoying Zen more. Although I think. ZvP will cater more to the casual audience because of the theme but I think with the way you purchase plants and the way you use the money by getting into the trunk of Crazy Dave's Car, can open some interesting options to score high on this table.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I love how they gave all of their older tables a make over (and for free too!). It's like having a ton of new tables.
They also greatly improved the flippers. I always disliked that part of Zen. Much improved all around. They also have an entirely new set of trophies for all of the tables
+ they give you free Vita versions of all of the tables you buy. Zen Studios has done well here.

Between this, PVZ pinball, and the new TPA pack I am going to be very busy with pinball! :)

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
@xNiCeGuYx: Cool beans! Thanks for posting that! So, do you guys hate the "pea ball" for aesthetic or practical reasons? I imagine that tracking it on the green playfield, especially in multiball modes, could prove to be an eye-straining task.

@Pinballfan69: Well, I liked what little I could glean from Zen's teaser, but there's so much content (upcoming sales & new releases) that I want to buy from the Xbox marketplace over the next couple of weeks. I only bought TPA's DLC #3 because it released before the 28th. DLC #4 will be the first one I skip buying on release day (and month). Haven't played the PvZ table trial yet but after seeing that gamesradar vid I'll probably end up buying it today. Damn your impulse-friendly pricing, Zen.

@spoonman: Yeah, that's how I felt when I upgraded FX -> FX2.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts