Bug Android Version 1.5.0 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

TPA app is visible (this release) in Google play market for device HTC Desire S (29.17mb download).
:)
(wasn't available when downloads are above 30mb for anyone who hadn't read the other threads)

edit:- just noticed, I'm suddenly getting the performance boost on emulated, non-dmd tables (BOP, FH, TAXI). This wasn't seen in beta on my device, as promised, but works in this release - Wierd!
I can play all 3 tables now with textures set to high, with no over clock, smooth as silk.
Nice one Ryan!

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The camera still isn't panning up to the backbox animation on Cirqus Voltaire.

Flipper physics seems generally improved on the various tables that re-downloaded, though this could be my imagination.

oska

Aug 6, 2012
TPA app is visible (this release) in Google play market for device HTC Desire S (29.17mb download).
:)
(wasn't available when downloads are above 30mb for anyone who hadn't read the other threads)
Can also confirm this. Great work everyone. I saw the update on FB and went to check Play store expecting it not to show up on my phone and was very happy when it did.

Taxi plays great and love the way the camera scrolls all the way to the top of the table. I don't get that with Harley Davidson or some other tables so it's hard to see what is going on up there.

After a quick scan at some other tables it all seems to run a lot smoother overall.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can also confirm this. Great work everyone. I saw the update on FB and went to check Play store expecting it not to show up on my phone and was very happy when it did.

Taxi plays great and love the way the camera scrolls all the way to the top of the table. I don't get that with Harley Davidson or some other tables so it's hard to see what is going on up there.

After a quick scan at some other tables it all seems to run a lot smoother overall.

Have you experimented with the other camera angles on the other tables. You might find you need to select the scrolling camera on each table.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sounds like you have the old table file. you will either need to uninstall and reinstall or delete the file manually Via USB (no root necessary).I can't remember the pass off the top of my head I'm not near computer maybe somebody here can help.
I tried it. Even powered off and pulled the battery but no go.

N

Nik Barbour

The files are located at...

TABLE DATA = /MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

SAVE DATA = /DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/

is this what you were after Ryan?

Never done this via usb (I'm rooted) but to do so, plug phone into pc usb. Let it autoplay, and choose file browser when prompted.
This will fire up a windows explorer window showing all files on phone.

Browse to the path shown above for table data. Delete the entire folder in here for Harley Davidson.
Kill windows explorer.
Go to bottom rh of window, on task bar, should be something like 'safely disconnect drive' (nowhere near pc - sorry can't describe exactly) remove usb from phone. Start TPA, start HD table and it should re-download this table now.
Hope that's what was needed!

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
I had the same thing! =) When I click on the button on Harley Davidson phone hung up. But after deleting table file (see post of Nik Barbour), it works!

In this version I like that DMD is shown on the backglass on Harley, but in previous beta builds it also works on Taxi. Will this feature added for all ables in the new versions?

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
I'm seeing on a Galaxy Tab that the lower half of the alphanumeric display goes blank at times in BOP & FH. It happens after the wheel spins in BOP and before ball 3 in FH when it says "EXTRA BALL AT" on the top line the bottom line is blank. Anyone else seeing this?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm seeing on a Galaxy Tab that the lower half of the alphanumeric display goes blank at times in BOP & FH. It happens after the wheel spins in BOP and before ball 3 in FH when it says "EXTRA BALL AT" on the top line the bottom line is blank. Anyone else seeing this?

Fun house displays this behavior as well since the upgrade.

On another note, I Have been smashing BH with the significant graphics tweaks and the game was missing a LOT of detail from that lower play field. We have the corkscrew wormhole habit rail now! Looks great!

Confirm something for me though. The drop target banks don't have kickers behind them on the real game do they?

Because when I have a slow ball hit a drop target and lightly touch the rubber behind the drop targets, it flies off a full speed like the rubbers with slingshot kickers behind them.

I think there might be some contact geometry tweaks required to non-powered rubber surfaces on that table.

The was not an observation from the latest release. This physics issue has been happening since early in TPA history for me.

Anyone care to confirm or deny my observation?

Its hard to get a slow ball, because the flippers are sooooo strong on the TPA version of the table, but you can reproduce if you get a glancing shot off a pop bumper or a rubber in the vicinity.

dba

Aug 12, 2012
1. On "Theater of Magic" is my Uploaded Highscore on Scoreboard an older and lower Score than before the new Version...

2. And on "Taxi" my Highscore sometimes dont be uploaded although iam on W-Lan with perfect Conection and no problem with "PC, PS3, Wii and and Surfing with my Android Phone"

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I've had those disappearing lines on FH and BoP for a few versions now, as described previously.

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
On taxi joyride scores on the backglass, the one at the end should be 'special'. It reads 10k at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.