Worth Farsight going after Capcom License?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Was just wondering if we'll ever see the likes of Big Bang Bar, Kingpin, or Pinball Magic on TPA? Would FS even bother going after the license?, as Capcom only ever made about 10 tables and less than half of them being classed as good??

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Was just wondering if we'll ever see the likes of Big Bang Bar, Kingpin, or Pinball Magic on TPA? Would FS even bother going after the license?, as Capcom only ever made about 10 tables and less than half of them being classed as good??

If they do aquire the Capcom license, might as well make the most of it and release Airborne, Big Bang Bar, Breakshot, Kingpin and Pinball Magic.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I was going to say Street Fighter 2 aswell, but then noticed Capcom didnt even make that one it was Gottlieb!!. Did Capcom buy Gottlieb out or something

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was going to say Street Fighter 2 aswell, but then noticed Capcom didnt even make that one it was Gottlieb!!. Did Capcom buy Gottlieb out or something

Actually, Illinois Pin Ball Co. currently holds the rights to all six Capcom pinball tables (I know I only listed 5 above, but Flipper Football wasn't one of their better tables IMO).

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would love to see them. There is a certain style to each company's tables. I never got much of a chance to try capcom's offerings so I would love to play them

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Actually, Illinois Pin Ball Co. currently holds the rights to all six Capcom pinball tables (I know I only listed 5 above, but Flipper Football wasn't one of their better tables IMO).

CAPCOM's Flipper Football is one of my all-time favorite machines. The novelty of a direct, head-to-head multiplayer pin that doesn't rely merely on top score for competition is matched only be the excellent execution of replacing traditional drains with the chess timer feature for turn control. That is an outstanding pinball table. You should give it another chance if you ever see it at an expo with someone nearby who is good at it and can show you how it is properly played.

That being said, it would really only make for good TPA fodder on the home console versions of the game and would be somewhat pointless on phones/tablets.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
CAPCOM's Flipper Football is one of my all-time favorite machines. The novelty of a direct, head-to-head multiplayer pin that doesn't rely merely on top score for competition is matched only be the excellent execution of replacing traditional drains with the chess timer feature for turn control. That is an outstanding pinball table. You should give it another chance if you ever see it at an expo with someone nearby who is good at it and can show you how it is properly played.

That being said, it would really only make for good TPA fodder on the home console versions of the game and would be somewhat pointless on phones/tablets.

If I ever run across Flipper Football again, I'll give it another go. Out of all the pinball tables I've ever played, this one just didn't do anything for me.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
If I ever run across Flipper Football again, I'll give it another go. Out of all the pinball tables I've ever played, this one just didn't do anything for me.

You needed a buddy to play it with. It's admittedly dumb with only one player. But it can engender some excellent competitive spirit with a human opponent. The more I think about it, the more I hope they secure this license and emulate this table, if only for the Xbox/PS3 local multiplayer aspect.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You needed a buddy to play it with. It's admittedly dumb with only one player. But it can engender some excellent competitive spirit with a human opponent. The more I think about it, the more I hope they secure this license and emulate this table, if only for the Xbox/PS3 local multiplayer aspect.

I'll keep that in mind...thanks.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I would love to get a version of Gottliebs Street Fighter 2 it's one of my all time favorite and the only real table that I beat wizard mode on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.