Pacific pinball expo

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I've contacted the pacific pinball museum for volunteering wednesday and thursday.
I'll be there friday and saturday for the show, I think I'll get my fix.
ppe2012fundraiserposterweb.jpg

http://pacificpinball.org/exposition
Maybe we'll bump into eachother,...repeatedly if your female:p
I'll be sure to take lots of photos of the setup and the show.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
OK so Im signed up and eagerly awaiting the 6th annual pacific pinball museum.
Just to give you guys an idea what I'll be helping out with heres a short vid.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Here is a video of what it's like when its all done,besides the tournements and seminars.
I'll be posting pictures every day of the show. With behind the scenes and VIP party pic's. STAY TUNED!!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So tomorrow is the day! The move has been happening all week to get the machines ready for delivery and tommorow at 8:30 a.m.m PT i will embark on a pinball marathon!
Starting with moving,setting up,leveling then checking to see if there in proper working order...oh yeah its over 500+ machines! AWSOME!
I'll be doing my part all day wednesday and partially thursday before the VIP PARTY! wich goes till 10 p.m.
Then the show Begins! Friday ALL DAY LONG! and SATURDAY!
If I'm not sick of pinball after this I'll be an owner as there are many pins for sale at the show too!:)
STAY TUNED!
Sotie hit me up! Lets play.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im just a drone bee in a HIVE of pinball honey, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
I'll be wearing a black tatted pacman shirt with 3 ghosts and a SF GIANTS cap:)
lets shoot da's*#t:) I'm actually meeting someone whom invited me as a friend because of my weekly score and he lives close and knows these guys....Im in a complete fog not knowing what to expect except the videos I watsched, but I got my tools and talent BRING IT!:) I need sleep.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I can't wait. I've never been before but I've been anticipating this event for the last couple of months now. I make frequent trips to the Pacific Pinball Museum also. I'm anxious to see if there will be any visual pinball cabinet maker's there. I want a 22inch "mini-cab" but don't have the time to invest in doing it myself.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm so jealous of this event. I've got the time, just don't have the money for accommodations. One of these years I'll make it. I'm gonna have to live vicariously through you guys. Take lots of pics, give the rundown on any of the seminars you visit, and Skill_Shot, let us know about table prices and what you pick up!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
As promised!
I got to the marin civic center around 8:30 am after sitting in the usual 101 south comuter traffic for an hour wich was expected wich is why I left at 7:30 am.
Show up after a slight detour, and theres maybe 5 peapole there and some machines probably droped off yesterday/tuesday and a small uhaul truck unloading all new STERN tables and some display stuff.
IMG_3937_zpsb7092640.jpg

Finally the guy I contacted for volunteering showed up about 9 am and called us all together and began breaking us up into groups of experience/non-experienced. I got to work on a few tables learning how to put legs, lock a back glass, open a back glass and how to remove a lock bar and glass before the SEMI TRUCK FULL with 2 levels of mainly wood rail machines and top boxes showed up about 9:30 am by then more volunteers had shown up and its was a train of people with hand trucks going to the truck empty and returning with a machine or a top box, this went on for hours! as that truck emptied another arrived just as packed with EM's and old SS machines wich seemed the heaviest of the bunch.
IMG_3939_zps21dfa41c.jpg

IMG_3943_zpsa0fcf4af.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Then after the trucks were emptied it was time to match up back boxes with tables and if you have never seen them together it could be difficult and when there are over 100 its insane! also not all tables have the same size legs so there were carts with certain leg sizes and colors that had to go to a specific tables wich was a couple peoples jobs only to go around and put right legs with tables while everybody else was putting them on.
IMG_3945_zpsf85441f0.jpg

After the legs were on we'd put on the back box pulling out power cords and hooking up ancient connectors, very cool though. They dont build'em like that anymore.....TY!
IMG_3946_zpse20934f8.jpg

I ended up leaving at 6 pm with my mind totally blown and throbbing feet and smelling like a long day of hard work.
here are more pictures I took and i'll take more i just did'nt really have time because i was very very busy but I will get more over the next THREE DAYS! Enjoy.:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This is a raffle prize! Um if I spend $2000 on raffle tickets you think I'll get it?:)
IMG_3954_zps89d2a1d1.jpg

Alot more historic's showed up late and i was beat and wanted to go when I seen them but heres 1.
IMG_3950_zpse740a0db.jpg

Truly MASSIVE but suprisingly lite for its size.
IMG_3952_zps22173a66.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
They were hanging massive Hand painted recreations of older tables all day i didnt get them all as it was on going but i got a few at lunchtime. Even though not the highest detailed tables the Detail and scale was spot on as i stared at a table then the banner then table.
IMG_3951_zps2e548e4c.jpg

IMG_3942_zpse5e57eb1.jpg

IMG_3948_zps178fd48d.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
seen this machine made by Alvin G. & Co. It had alot of Australia stckers on it not sure if it was made there or it was part of the WORLD TOUR theme, I didnt see any other country stickers on it though?
The back glass pic did'nt come out I'll get another.
IMG_3969_zps593727a3.jpg

IMG_3967_zps06f03afe.jpg

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
for some reason its only letting me post 1 picture? i'll keep trying but my energy is fading or is it my intoxication is increasing:) BOTH!
IMG_3960_zpsec5c7c0f.jpg

i wish i could see if was working before posting then editing...
IMG_3961_zps06c9fe6e.jpg

seems some of my files are corrupt or the upload process to photobucket messed up. sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.