Lost high scores

IdontHave50cents

Mar 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure I can guess the answer to this question but I'd thought I'd ask it anyway. That way I can at least commiserate with others...

If I'm playin TPA offline (not near a wifi hotspot) and hit a high score, will it ever be reflected on the leaderboards once I get an Internet connection later? I see that my score is saved on the actual table's matrix display but the leaderboards still reflect my prior high score.

Although my score my seem low to the pros out there it was very high for me! I've yet to get even close to replicating it. Sigh. Go ahead. I'm ready for the bad news...:(

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I was annoyed by this as well but after a while I stopped caring about the FB leaderboards! I've had times where I was connected but it didn't save my new score on the leaderboards anyway. Also from time to time the app would just crash just by browsing the leaderboards. Until there is a solid way of keeping online scores I honestly won't care much, I do it for the fun anyway ;)

302mike

Mar 16, 2012
They can't even bother to clean up the obviously bogus high scores on the leaderboards. It's not worth even paying attention to them anymore.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
It's not worth even paying attention to them anymore.

Wow! You *do* realize that this is a small company bringing the game to all kinds of platforms at the same time, while publishing and promoting the game by themselves...? These days, even the biggest companies ship their games full of bugs and are much slower to respond to the fans... But you are of course entitled to your opinion and nobody is forcing you to spend any more money on TPA...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They can't even bother to clean up the obviously bogus high scores on the leaderboards. It's not worth even paying attention to them anymore.
Um...right now they're preparing to launch on three more platforms, preparing to release two DLC tables, fixing bugs reported by users on the already released platforms, promoting their game at the Texas Pinball Festival, and even occasionally reading this very forum and responding to the questions/comments/requests therein. They're insanely busy for a company of their size! I'm sure once things calm down a bit for them, FarSight will get around to fixing the leaderboards as soon as they can.

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Leaderboards often contain bogus entries, not sure how a developer goes about fixing 'em on the fly. Think it's a tad more complicated than it first looks as certain bogus scores will get posted that they'll not get the chance to replicate the exact error again.

My other main preference in gaming has been MGP, for the last 8yrs the leaderboards have ALWAYS contained glitch times/errors. If I recall they did reset the entire list of entries but new ones still crept back in. I knew what my times were (local) so the global boards were mostly used to check how I was doing compared to my mates.

I do agree that genuine error-free boards are something that should be worked towards, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We appreciate your patience with the leaderboard errors and it is something that we are constantly looking into. As was mentioned we have been quite busy trying to get our product to as many users as possible, but we have not forgotten about this issue we promise =)

302mike

Mar 16, 2012
Wow! You *do* realize that this is a small company bringing the game to all kinds of platforms at the same time, while publishing and promoting the game by themselves...? These days, even the biggest companies ship their games full of bugs and are much slower to respond to the fans... But you are of course entitled to your opinion and nobody is forcing you to spend any more money on TPA...

Of course I do, and I still don't think the leaderboards are worth paying attention to given their current state. Why would I stop spending money on TPA because of the leaderboards though? A bit of an over reaction you should just calm down a bit.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Of course I do, and I still don't think the leaderboards are worth paying attention to given their current state. Why would I stop spending money on TPA because of the leaderboards thugh? A bit of an over reaction you should just calm down a bit.
Ah... You see in your original post it sounded to me like you said if they don't care to clean up the bogus scores
then they (as in farsight) don't deserve any attention anymore . So i simply misunderstood you.sorry!

302mike

Mar 16, 2012
Ah... You see in your original post it sounded to me like you said if they don't care to clean up the bogus scores
then they (as in farsight) don't deserve any attention anymore . So i simply misunderstood you.sorry!

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I can see now how it could have been taken that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts