Looking 4 Pinball

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Today i followed up on an email exchange about buying a pinball machine, I recently started looking into owning a real pinball finally thanks FS.
I met this person on craigslist who had quite a few games for sale ranging from $500-$3500 so i finally stopped by.
Spoke with a guy named Rob who's been buying and restoring pins and arcades for awhile now, I told him about TPA and how it reignited my pinball madness he chuckled like a person with the madness and even told me 1 is all it takes to get hooked bad. He runs a halfway/foster house for boys did'nt really get into that part but he told me the boys work on the machines and all sales go to their bennefit somehow, but they hold weekly tourney's amongst themselves. He was very friendly not pushy at all and even willing to reduce prices for a local since he dos'nt have to deliver. I asked him if he'd be offended if I bought somewhere else but needed his work witch he did'nt mind in the slightest and actually has a much cheaper asking price for repairs by half at least! So after him kindly firing up his pins one after another and shooting the breeze with him I got a good feel for his work, its pretty basic maintainance repairs but some like his NASCAR required board work and was waiting on parts but everything was good besides the play field wear that has to be repainted everything worked. He said he's constantly moving pins and actually had a guy stopping by to buy his Nightmare on elm street, I asked how many machines he's had he rolled his eyes and said over 3000. Here are some pictures I snapped of the games i played.
BLACK PYRAMID
IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

KINGS of STEEL
IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
STREET FIGHTER 2
IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

He had a Virtua Pin but no need to take a photo.
I really only took pics of machines i could afford or else he had and ELVIS and NASCAR but those are waay out of my range, I'll probably buy a machine that has nastalgia to me and have it fixed up.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Well, I think I'd get the Phantom of the Opera, the art on the playfield really grabs me . The Party Animal pinball would get TPA the furry fans to buy it , the SF II machine is also cool.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I dig the juke box on party animal. I've never played Phantom, but yep that is one pretty table (and he wonders if that is an expensive license?). Black pyramid looks good too.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
phantom was definatly the funnest! but a lil'out my range or i keep saving $1750
Party Animal listed at $1100 he'd sell me for $1000 it was good and had good sound but If Im gonna drop !k on a toy it better be what I WANT!
SF@ was good as well but the right ramp was warped upward? even though it didnt affect play it was a turn off and on my second game I almost beat the thing.
kings of steel was an audio treat I loved all the sounds like a combo of firepower and gorgar very exciting but the game wasnt, most of the tables leaned right and very flat degree. They would have all benifited from a steeper degree and proper leveling but none really said BUY ME!
Im a first time buyer so I still have questions and concerns, and I want My first machine to be special working or not! It will be a keeper.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
totally 80's! with the sqare triangle circle rectangle ala maui & sons and the grey background like saved by the bell.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Every Freddy I have ever seen is missing finger blades. Did they make them out of butter or something?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The Freddy was missng A funger blade,and someone was showing up to buy it regardless. I guess its rarer than reported according to the seller, I conncur. Not quite meeting my criteria, I'm ok with alphanumeric but its gotta be GODEN! As I'm looking at a the getaway and the getaway 2 also a police force.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
yeah a mediocre collection,but I'm guessing,from what I gatherd, these are the 1's that are sub par for a buyer not a collector,or else the are CLASSIC. Not my bag though,maybe TPA has spoiled me AGAIN!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The VPinn the ball was too dark, funny he fired up MM....bad idea. The trolls were square exxept the face, it was a mess...I managed 5 castles then tired of guessing where the ball was going to be,he played AFM before I played, it looked fun and brighter so I cant judge VP by the 2 tables but compared to TPA...TPA wins by an all aound win VP every game but not as good graphics. Im sure if you cab-viewed TPA WED !@#T OURSELVES! VP wins in sound but is outdated by TPA standards....WHY IS THIS GAP NOT FILLED!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.