Found a place near me with well-maintained tables!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I'm in the twin cities (MN, USA) I just found this place about a half hour away from my house.
http://ssbilliards.com/pinball.html
Their site has some cool photos of BBB and Kingpin. Never played them but
Kingpin looks cool. We're going to hit it next weekend! Woohoo!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm in the twin cities (MN, USA) I just found this place about a half hour away from my house.
http://ssbilliards.com/pinball.html
Their site has some cool photos of BBB and Kingpin. Never played them but
Kingpin looks cool. We're going to hit it next weekend! Woohoo!

Looks like they have a nice selection of tables in rotation with 20 on the floor at any given time. You definitely need to hit that place up.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah it looks like they have some tournaments at the end of the month. 2 days for twenty bucks, and on the second day all tables are set to free-play all day. Growing up I really only had Pinbot, medieval madness black knight and 8 ball deluxe nearby. Never got to play many of the greats I read about except on PHoF. Sorry for posting nonsense, I just got excited when i found their site lol.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Also, my gal is a pinball fanatic as well. She was out of town this weekend and sent me photos from the hotel game room where they had Ripleys, Star Wars and Fish Tales. . Her daughter-in-law flew up from San Diego and she brought her copy of the Williams Collection with her heheh. It seems like now that I've got my eyes peeled for pinball machines, I'm seeing them everywhere. I'm pretty sure when I hit that lottery I'm going to recreate TPA in my house heheh.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right on, Mike. That place looks great..enjoy it, man....and your wife sounds like a real keeper. I wish my lady liked pinball more, lol.

Last edited:

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Oh I'm not married haha! That's why I can come home from work, play guitar and jam pinball lol.
But yeah my gf is as nuts about pinball as me. When I really think about how many hours we've put into the Williams Collection, it's crazy. I was at best buy, circuit city, gamestop etc. on release day looking for it and we still play it today. I am so flippin' happy I get to know these classic tables I never got to play in real-life. There's not one other game in my stack that even comes close to the replay value.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, I'm certainly jealous!

BTW, wouldn't it be incredible if Farsight's games had split screen multiplayer? That is one thing I wish they'd steal from Zen.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
So the gal and I checked out a place that had over 50 tables yesterday. What a blast. Got to finally play the classics I've only read about. Also got to play many of the tables from the Williams collection that I've never played in real life. Met Fred Richardson who is starting a tournament there. Also went to a second place about an hour away from the first place. When we got there, there were guys from the other place who were also driving from town to town looking for pins lol. Amazingly these guys weren't familiar with TPA so we showed it to them and told them TPA is why we've got the bug and are out looking for tables. A really really great day!

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
So the gal and I checked out a place that had over 50 tables yesterday. What a blast. Got to finally play the classics I've only read about. Also got to play many of the tables from the Williams collection that I've never played in real life. Met Fred Richardson who is starting a tournament there. Also went to a second place about an hour away from the first place. When we got there, there were guys from the other place who were also driving from town to town looking for pins lol. Amazingly these guys weren't familiar with TPA so we showed it to them and told them TPA is why we've got the bug and are out looking for tables. A really really great day!

That is awesome! I wish there were more substantial places around me. There's a place I'm going to try soon with Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, and Medieval Madness, I can't wait to see these in real life.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Jeff. Btw did you see I finally passed your score in black hole? Sorry man! It was a lucky fluke. I'm mostly scoring in the 300,00-400,00 range to be honest. About playing the real versions of these... I noticed on every machine that the flippers didn't behave the same as in the game. In real-life they were weaker. When the ball was coming down and I'd blast it, it would just kill the momentum and stop the ball rather than shooting it back up. I would have thought it was just older machines with weak flippers but it was all 50+ machines.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks Jeff. Btw did you see I finally passed your score in black hole? Sorry man! It was a lucky fluke. I'm mostly scoring in the 300,00-400,00 range to be honest. About playing the real versions of these... I noticed on every machine that the flippers didn't behave the same as in the game. In real-life they were weaker. When the ball was coming down and I'd blast it, it would just kill the momentum and stop the ball rather than shooting it back up. I would have thought it was just older machines with weak flippers but it was all 50+ machines.

You sneaky son of a.....:D

Looks like I have some work to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.