USB/BT Joystick Center config for Pinball Arcade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Android folks,

I'm pleased to announce a near-fully functional USB/BT Joystick Center configuration file for Pinball Arcade!

The downside is that it requires USB/BT Joystick Center's add-on, Joy2Touch to allow me to properly map the controls - Pinball Arcade has NO physical controls support (I've been begging - apparently on deaf ears). This DOES require root access unfortunately.

But, for those that can use it, this configuration gives you near-complete control of the game with REAL controls. Here are the release notes:

Because this uses the Joy2Touch addon for USB/BT Joystick Center - you will need ROOT on your device and J->T must be on in the USBJoy App. This config assumes a 7" screen (was created on the Nexus 7) in portrait orientation. It may work on other configurations.

This game is NOT meant for physical controls at all - so most menu items, etc. will require touch screen access. Some tables that have "press to launch", you can use Button A. Anything with a plunger, you have to use the screen.

Keymappings: (Horizontal Orientation)

Left Flipper = Left
Right Flipper = Button 2
Nudge Left = Right
Nudge Right =Button 1
Special Button (Harley Davidson/BK Right Magna) = Button A
Special Button (BK Left Magna) = Up
Toggle View = Button B
Pause = Home Button
Touch Editor = Button +

Full instructions how to use USB/BT Joystick Center and the configs themselves are all at my Android Gaming site, Green Robot Gamer.

http://wiki.greenrobotgamer.com/techsupport/usingusbjoy.php

Enjoy! Physical controls seriously boost my score.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
This shows you essentially what I did to create the config.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
...moved to the Android forum.

Nice work! I'm sure this will come in handy :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Based on your awesome work already, I was inspired Shane!

Here is my Wii Classic Pro controller mapping for TPA. I have sent the mapping XML to you via gmail so you can host it on your site.

I have to say it is pretty awesome to be able to use the analog stick to launch the ball, and have full access to the 5 button in-table menu.

The only time you have to touch the screen with this mapping is to to swipe through the tables, or access the in-game view change button.

Map Start = Home Button
Map Stop = Minus button

Game Select Menu

Start Button = D-pad Down

Table Controls

Left Flipper = L
Right Flipper = R
Left Special Button = Lz
Right Special Button = Rz
Left Tilt = D-pad Left
Right Tilt = D-pad Right
Plunge ball = right analog stick (works for the Steps plunger in FunHouse as well)

Table Menu Controls

Top Left Table Menu/In-Game Pop-up Menu Left = y
Top Right Table Menu/In-Game Pop-up Menu = x
Bottom Left Table Menu = b
Bottom Right Table Menu = a
Start Button = Start

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Indeed it is. Many thanks for creating this. I never spotted this before. About time to root my Nexus 7 I think :) .

Has anyone tried portrait yet?

Because the mappings are xy screen coordinates, you will need to make a horizontal map ( what I provided), and a vertical map.

Note if you are playing on a flat screen monitor using HDMI out, horizontal is your only choice.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Shane, What's required on FS' part to make this possible without rooting?
Is it a matter of them assigning some BT Keys to the controls in the background?
I used to enjoy Visual Pinball on PC keyboard. Tactile feedback would really add to TPA :)

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Yeah, that's about it. We need at the VERY least, keyboard equivalents for everything. A simple config screen would be best; allowing us to map either keys or game pad controls to any action in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts