What Licenses Would You Like To See Made Into Pins?

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
With the pinball resurgence in full swing, I predict that many less well-known IPs will get serious play for pinball licensing. Here are a few I hope are deemed worthy of the pinball treatment:

-Altered Beast: This would make for a great old-school, endurance-contest type of table. The orb collection would translate well into hurry-up shots at ball locks, while each boss could be a slightly different take on multiball, with each one being a bit less basic than the last. The music would be from the game, while the iconic "Rise from your grave!" and "Welcome to your doom!" quotes would have to be present in some form or another.

-Friendship is Magic: The bronies have taken over everything else, so why not pinball, too? This would be a very mode-heavy table, with 'episodes' (i.e., modes) being launched from the area most associatd with its main character (i.e., the library for Twilight Sparkle, Sugarcube Corner for Pinkie Pie, Cloudsdale for Rainbow Dash, etc.). The operator could set the table to any of the three seasons or have it be the player's choice, but the essential goal would remain the same: complete all 20 episodes of the season and learn the true meaning of friendship!

-King's Quest: Now this could make for an epic table! In my mind's eye, I imagine an eight-decker table, with each table corresponding to one of the games in the series and play progressing to the next table (i.e., game) if all table goals are fulfilled when Ball 3 drains by manually flipping the current able to the bottom and starting fresh on the new table from Ball 1. I don't know if the table-switching mechanism would be practical, but I really hope it is. This would be a table aimed much more at collectors than operators, since the ability to extend play for so long with quality play could make for fairly low revenue.

That's about all I have for now. I yield the floor to the forum—what licenses would you like to see get the pinball treatment?

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Parodius is always the one thing I keep thinking of.

It´s not even my most favourite shootemup (that would probably be Progear or Deathsmiles), but the mixture of completely nonsensical humor and fantastic remixes of classical music would make an awesome table in my opinion.

There even was a "talking" version on the SNES, that constantly commentated on your performance.

More cool footage of the bosses in Sexy Parodius (might not be safe for work).

Turn that into a colorful, blinking, loud machine like RBION and I would be in heaven. (Never going to happen, though.)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
How about Blade Runner?

The music and voice samples alone would be worth it.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

...man, now I really want that!

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
the goonies... sloth multiball!!! escape the fratelli bros!!! video mode: don't spring the traps!!! after finishing the wizard mode the dmd animation would display the ship coming out of the sea cavern and the goonie gang and family and cops watch in awe... yeah that'd be great... it would have this indy jones feel to it (well spielberg did both movies, so there :p) :rolleyes:

and blade runner ;)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
DBZ your goal is the DB's but you must fight enemies along the way but in order to beat an enemy you must have a high enough power level,repeat move targets and increase shots needed like MM castle. Finally you summon the dragon and get WISH MODE, SAVE THE WORLD a garunteed set points or ULTRA SAYEN MODE were everything is maxed out but your power meter drains till what you began with so its a risk/reward factor.Epic poses,fireballs rapid fight scenes and getting kicked through mountains, theres just soooo much content.
I like your ideas too and I LOVE THE GOONIES it should have been made.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I too am shocked that there was never a Ghostbusters pinball machine. But then I remember that licensing movies for pinball themes is mostly a 90's trend.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so I always tend to think about multiball and themes that would play well with that. So along those lines...

The Matrix -- 'Burly Brawl Multiball' where for 30 seconds you get 5 balls with unlimited drains; 'Sentinal Multiball' where 10 balls assault you as they try and breach the gates (flippers) while you try and keep them in play until the emp is ready to fire. If too many drain, you lose.

Monty Python -- so many different ways you can go with this, whether it's just from the show or from the movies. 'Spam' multiball, where all targets score spam, except for the eggs and baked beans target. Careful not to shoot those too much though! 'Holy Hand Grenade' multiball, with 5 (three sir, three!) balls as you try and defeat the rabbit with big sharp teeth (it could fly across the table like the train in Cactus Canyon)

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure -- 'Tequila' mode, where the song is playing and you have to time your shot to hit just as tequila would be shouted out. The toys on the table would have to be a mini version of his breakfast machine.

kane11

Aug 26, 2012
Willow pinball !! Video mode - willow and madmartigan driving on shield. Cherlindrea give you extra ball, Raziel jackpot!!! Final - Bavmorda multiball!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Monty Python -- so many different ways you can go with this, whether it's just from the show or from the movies. 'Spam' multiball, where all targets score spam, except for the eggs and baked beans target. Careful not to shoot those too much though! 'Holy Hand Grenade' multiball, with 5 (three sir, three!) balls as you try and defeat the rabbit with big sharp teeth (it could fly across the table like the train in Cactus Canyon)

If I owned a pinball company and you pitched me this idea, I would hire you right on the spot!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts