Medieval Madness - video mode

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've played a lot of this table on ios and 360 but realised today that I've never played video mode so I set out to play it today. After completing FIRE 8 or more times and actually seeing it in the wizard list thing I still didn't manage to activate it. Am I missing something or is playing this mode a very rare occurrence?

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
It is pretty rare. I've only played video mode maybe 5-10 times in hundreds of games of MM. The longer your game goes on, though, the more likely you are to get it. I also make a point of trying to complete FIRE as many times as possible. It's fairly easy to do once you get in the habit of toggling the lights while the ball is travelling around one of the ramps.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
played video mode for the first time today... didn't really know what was going on, so i only rescued like 4 children :D

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
For some reason i get video mode once every game i play from merlins saucer, but i have only completed it once.

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
Finishing the video mode is my last wizard goals on this table. However it's really hard (for me) to even get it. Any hints on good shots that a) complete FIRE a lot and b) do NOT have a chance of hitting Merlin's? It's hard to re-light Merlin's for me, winning the default video mode is really a game of luck, getting 3 cow-catapults first is a must, but getting 8 FIRE's and those catapults before I hit Merlin once... Man, that' s HARD! I did start multiball a few times tonight for more FIRE chances but it's not been as helpful as I liked...

Ah well, I'll stay at it, hopefully the pinball gods shine on me soon :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've only gotten there 3 times, twice with babies and once with calfs. All 3 times I only managed to save around 10, not anywhere good enough to beat the goal. Way worse a goal to get than ToM's video pinball.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If you're ever looking for advice on completing a table goal, check the table goals thread. In this case there is a pretty good write-up with some tips.

That's a nicely organized thread! I'll have to try using a troll bomb on the ravens.

And go figure, while I haven't beaten video mode or even made it to BFTK, last night on RBION I once again managed to get frog frenzy and Atlantis without much effort. Not saying its easy to get, cause that's only the 3rd time I've reached those, but each time I have its been achieved almost as an afterthought. With MM, I feel like I'm in the fight of my life!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I used to think getting to Video mode was impossible, never mind completing it. These days I get to it every other game - multi ball makes it a lot easier, especially if you can handle changing the lanes under pressure. It's still tough to get all 30 ravens without using troll bombs. The extra ball at 20 ravens is nice though.

One challenge I'm working on next is completing the video mode with cows instead of children.

Skier23

Aug 25, 2012
I finally completed Video Mode tonight. This was probably my sixth try at it. Basically concentrate on the side with the ravens attacking two at a time and take them out in one hit and then turn and go to the other side. Some of the ravens seemed to go back up without the children.

I still have to start Barnyard Multiball and Win Battle for the Kingdom (I've gotten to it about three times and lost each time).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts