Noooooo....

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Got to the Battle for the kingdom mode for the first time ever today (and on IOS to boot so v.limited nudging).

Even managed to get 5 out of 7 castle hits. Then got my last ball stuck behind a troll and my only troll bomb had been automatically used earlier in the game (is that yet another farsight bug? Or can they legitimally use themselves?).

Noooooooooo.......

Pod

Skier23

Aug 25, 2012
I've gotten to Battle for the Kingdom about three times. What annoys me is that you only get one shot at it. I had about two extra balls left to spare tonight when I got to it but since I lost its back to the beginning again. That doesn't seem like fair programming. In Circus Voltaire you would get multiple chances if you had any balls remaining. I did finally finish Theatre of Magic after a few weeks though, so I suppose at some point perhaps I will complete Battle for the Kingdom. How do you activate a troll bomb? And are there any quick ways to earn them.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Troll Bombs are acquired in three ways:

• Hitting the Troll standup targets 8 more times (either target counts) while Trolls! is lit at Merlin's Magic will give you 1 troll bomb.
  • Banking the ball off the side of a raised Troll into the castle lock or Merlin's scoop is a "Troll Combo", which awards 1 troll bomb.
  • Merlin's Magic itself can award 3 troll bombs randomly. The chances for this to happen are increased when Trolls! is lit at Merlin's Magic or when Trolls! itself is running, but it is not guaranteed

the ball getting stuck behind a troll, can be avoided if you have enough bombs, but it can also help if you have more than one ball still in play as it prevents the single ball 10 second timer from starting. I dare say this could happen on a real machine too.

If kingdom was too easy, it wouldn't be as satisfying to complete ;)

Pejota

Aug 20, 2012
There is most definitely a troll bomb bug in iOS. If you have a troll bomb, it will be used at the first opportunity as soon as you hit the right flipper. There's no way to save them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.