PS3 - Request Instructions / Method for unlocking new DLC Trophies w/o abandoning high scores

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
PBA just updated to 2.01 on PS3, the new trophies are now available including those for MM / BoP / CV and Funhouse. I've already done all these goals, and really do not want to have to erase my save file in order to unlock these trophies. In the table menu for each table, all wizard goals are showing as completed, but unfortunately the trophies are not being awarded.

Does anyone know a method for avoiding this problem? If I figure one out, I'll be sure to post it...any ideas guys?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Just play the game , when you hit a trophy achievement the game will award you , I just got a MM trophy for gettting a high 5 score . DONT DELETE game

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But how do you get a standard goal trophy if you're already in / or beaten wizard goals? High 5 is just posting to your machines top 5 scores. I scored a wizard trophy by transforming the bride in BoP. but I hit the 200,000 skill shot (which is a standard goal) and didn't get anything, so is it a specific goal we have to hit among the 5 that exist in each goal set?

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
But how do you get a standard goal trophy if you're already in / or beaten wizard goals? High 5 is just posting to your machines top 5 scores. I scored a wizard trophy by transforming the bride in BoP. but I hit the 200,000 skill shot (which is a standard goal) and didn't get anything, so is it a specific goal we have to hit among the 5 that exist in each goal set?

I'm not sure. That's what I'm wondering as well.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
This is just speculation.

You're gonna have to erase the game save data. Any trophies you have now are locked in so no worries there. All this is gonna do is reset ALL the goals on ALL the tables again. You can ignore the goals on tables you already have trophies for. (unless you're a OCD completionist)

I routinely erase my game save data to go for the goals again. As it stands on my current save, I have no goals completed on BH or TotAN but, my trophies will reflect otherwise because I have done them before an erase. I hope this makes sense.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Backup your save file onto something then delete save file get your trophies for DLC's then reload your save file enless you want to do standard/wizard goals again if you have beat them. The trophies themselves look different than the first batch. Grinding away on these till DLC#3!!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
deleting your save file will RESET your settings standard/wizard goals and personal scores but your Online HIGH SCORE monthly/weekly will still exit, so if you DONT want to redo wizard goals youve already completed on tables that already had trophies basically the core pack, then just get the trophies for all DLC tables then reload your save file.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've been trying to warn people to make a clean back-up prior to playing table packs 1&2, but no one listened. :p

8/01/2012
A way around this for PS3 players not wanting to completely start all over again, if it's unable to detect completed goals for trophies that is, would be to back up your original save file to a memory card/or cloud save for Plus users and go for the trophies on table packs 1 & 2, then after they pop, load the original save back and continue playing. The trophies will remain.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Here's how to get the trophies without redoing the Wizard goals, It's a pain but it works, and who wants to have to win Video Mode on MM again. Not me! Sticky this! ;)

1. Backup your PBA save file to a USB stick: Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Go to Pinball Arcade (should be one save file) -> Press Triangle -> Copy -> Select USB (must be plugged in).

It is highly recommended to save in two separate locations in case anything goes wrong (i.e., on two separate USB drives)

2. Erase the PBA save file (same as #1, except Delete instead of Copy)

3. Load Pinball Arcade. You will be asked to create a save file, choose Yes.

4. Play each of the tables you are trying to unlock. You'll need to obtain the Standard Goals, and a top 5 score to unlock the first two trophies ("High Five" and "Master").

If you've managed to get the wizard goals in the past, this isn't going to be very difficult for you and will likely be achieved in one game. When you have completed these trophies, go to step 5.

5. Reload your original save file: Game -> Saved Data Utility -> USB Device (at the top of the menu) -> Select PBA save file -> Press Triangle -> Copy - Select Yes to Overwrite.

6. Load Pinball Arcade. You will have to play each table for a little while before the Wizard trophy will pop (took around 15 seconds for me, it may take longer than this for you. Be patient, play a full game).

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I can confirm that the wizard goal pops up after playing a table for a while. Happened to me on BoP while playing my first game on a fresh save game, so the Wizard trophy popped up before the Standard one.. :)

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The wizard trophy seems to pop up when you complete one of the 5 goals during your game. Obviously there is a check that eventually triggers the trophy even if you have completed all goals already.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
So strange, I was playing for quite some time and no trophies popped for me, hence writing the instructions above. If it works for you without the deleting / restoring save files, then great! :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I had a pretty crappy game of MM and the trophy ticked off. But then I had a pretty good game of CV where I completed the three steps and nothing. But I don't really mind. I am just glad I don't have to do battle for the kingdom and video mode again in MM.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Played BOP and didn't get the Wizard trophy to unlock. It might have been the same game I got the other two, so maybe I'll try some more.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I had a pretty crappy game of MM and the trophy ticked off. But then I had a pretty good game of CV where I completed the three steps and nothing. But I don't really mind. I am just glad I don't have to do battle for the kingdom and video mode again in MM.

I had the same thing happen with MM. That is the only real table that I cannot stand so even if I have to redo the wizard goals for the others, I will not be too worried.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
So strange, I was playing for quite some time and no trophies popped for me, hence writing the instructions above. If it works for you without the deleting / restoring save files, then great! :)

For the Standard Goals trophy you still have to delete the save file as in your instructions, here the check does not work. It was good to know that you don't have to redo the wizard goals again - reloading the old save file worked like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts