Bug This is bad.. New PS3 update (2.01) causing game breaking SLOW DOWN!!! :( Video proof

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
How could this have happened? I have been looking forward to this for SO LONG! And now I only want to delete everything and give up on it.

Instead of fixing bugs they made it unplayable? I am so disgusted with it right now I am holding back on saying something I might regret.
So here is the video I shot showing how Theatre of Magic turns into SLOW MOTION after a few minutes. Please excuse the bad cam phone quality and shakiness.
Skip to 19 seconds to see it a bit clearer. I couldn't play very well with one flipper while holding the camera.

I really hope they can either delete this update and let us go back to a playable version or fix it without having to wait weeks/months/whatever.

This is really just sad more than anything. I was really looking forward to playing new tables tonight.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
This is very bad indeed. The same thing is happening for me too. I haven't noticed it on any other table yet, it might only be on Theatre of Magic.

Edit: Just noticed Ripley's Believe It or Not! has the same problem :(

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I notice it seems much worse on the lower angle camera views. Runs much smoother on the higher camera angles. Either way, yet another botched update.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Man, I really hate to be one of those people, but I'm seriously considering pulling my donations on Star Trek TNG.
If they run anything like this they will be unplayable anyway.

Farsight needs to own up to this, figure out WTF happened, and fix it ASAP or everyone is going to lose faith in them.
This is coming from someone who has been fighting off the trolls on FB for months and months.

I was looking forward to this update for so long and now I am totally disgusted. I realize **** happens, but come on. The worst I was expecting is that none
of the existing bugs (flipper gap in MM, Monster Bash score glitch, etc..)wouldn't be addressed,
but to destroy the tables that were perfectly playable? Now that is beyond comprehension. It really makes you question weather the devs at Farsight even play their own game.

To make matters worse this falls on the very day that ZEN Pinball 2 is giving away their program for free (import all of your existing tables to ZP2) and are releasing a new table PVZ.
It's crazy to say, but it's almost like Farsight wants their product to fail.

If this isn't fixed by the time Twilight Zone comes out I expect a total crap storm from the backers (me included).

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
If this isn't fixed by the time Twilight Zone comes out I expect a total crap storm from the backers (me included).

You make a good point. It seems like FarSight are shooting themselves in the foot. We've had some ridiculous issues on tables that really shouldn't happen - Farsight in their own blurb claim that they take high resolution photo's of the tables, and yet we end up with a typo on a table... flippers in the wrong position although they claim to go through QA/QC, you'd think someone would have noticed before the punters did, unless someone DID notice the issue and just thought "screw it, it's close enough"... and now breaking what was perfectly functional regardless of preferred camera angles is just plain strange that it wasn't picked up.

It's a shame that these things plague us with every release/update/DLC. In my field, civil engineering, if drawings go out wrong, it's always a toss up between incompetence on the side of the engineer, or negligence on the side on the side of the checker... either way, someone has some questions to answer.

ZP2. In 3D. Can't wait.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Posted by Farsight on Facebook.
"We're sorry about that- the current update does have slowdown issues on some tables. These only occur in 1080, so please play in 720 until the new update is released (which should occur in the next 48 hours)."

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yep, just saw they replied to my post. I hope they can release an update that quickly. What about Sony's approval on their submission? They can really do all of that in 48 hours?

Also, does Farsight not own a 1080p TV? Maybe we should start up a Kickstarter to buy them a new 1080p monitor. :p

discoheat

Sep 5, 2012
For me Ripley's believe it or not sometimes load in a bluish tint , almost as if the lights are not there .. then i exit back to the menu , re-enter the game and lt looks ok , but still with intense slowdowns . Theather of Magic also has slowdowns . Its pretty sad ...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
FarSight aren't like that though. Just from the interaction they have on here, you can tell they're stand up guys.

I agree. They replied about it and admitted it was a bug. Some devs would give you the run around on a problem like this, blaming everything from your TV to your power cable.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
For me Ripley's believe it or not sometimes load in a bluish tint , almost as if the lights are not there .. then i exit back to the menu , re-enter the game and lt looks ok , but still with intense slowdowns . Theather of Magic also has slowdowns . Its pretty sad ...

I'm also getting the bluish tint but in all tables except Gorgar and Monster Bash. What triggers it for me is playing a game of Monster Bash. Afterwards, all the tables have this weird bluish tint that makes all the colors look weird. I hope Farsight fixes this as well as the slowdown.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was kinda laughing while playing Ripleys. I'm doing Europe, which I have a hard time finishing as it is, but with the ball moving so slow it was damn near impossible. So the head starts counting down and my ball is stuck bouncing around in the pop bumpers and I'm screaming for it to come on down cause I've got only 1 tombstone left to hit! Yeah, I ran out of time.

To me it seems like it's not just the ball, but the camera and everything are stuttering, like it's showing only 15 fps. All I know is I won't be playing that table till this gets updated again.

Members online

Members online