Hot damn the new tables look incredible!

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Very bright, crisp and rich with detail. Now if they could only get the other tables (looking at ripleys, ToM and BH) to look like that, I'm good.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Do the new tables slow down at 1080p too? Not a big deal since they will have a fix within 48 hours, but I want to know if I should hold off on playing these until then.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
I'd also like to add that the sound quality on Monster Bash is excellent. Really, perfect.

Now if only we can get the rest of the other tables from that era up to the same level of quality...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Only Ripley's is broken for me

Really? Have you played much of TOM?
It's even worse than RBION for me.

it's really too bad that they left the Monster Bash cheating money glitch in there. That destroys any point in competing for high scores.
I would rather they have delayed it again than release it broken.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I'm here to praise the new tables not complain about slowdown issues which I can confirm on my PS3 system which is using a HDMI cable and HD TV (RBION).

So Monster Bash , I love it , great to play on the Vita and PS3 very colorful table with nice lighting , a real winner !! Gorgar , a new EM table that just may be the easiest table I've met , I got the standard goals on the Vita in the first test -run , and all but one of them on the Ps3 . It reminds me of PlayBoy '78 , simple table that keeps me coming back for more .

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Really? Have you played much of TOM?
It's even worse than RBION for me.

it's really too bad that they left the Monster Bash cheating money glitch in there. That destroys any point in competing for high scores.
I would rather they have delayed it again than release it broken.
Play on a higher camera angle on ToM. Ripleys is broken on all angles.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm here to praise the new tables not complain about slowdown issues which I can confirm on my PS3 system which is using a HDMI cable and HD TV (RBION).

So Monster Bash , I love it , great to play on the Vita and PS3 very colorful table with nice lighting , a real winner !! Gorgar , a new EM table that just may be the easiest table I've met , I got the standard goals on the Vita in the first test -run , and all but one of them on the Ps3 . It reminds me of PlayBoy '78 , simple table that keeps me coming back for more .

Err what are you confirming?
If you aren't seeing any slowdown then you are not playing in 1080p or not playing long enough.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
spoonman I seen your post and the slowdown you speak of isnt happening for me....weird, I played a multi billion game nothin.
The new tables look good, but whats with the ominous dark spot on these tables as if light cant reach it? TOTAN TOM GORGAR MM maybe theye lighting effect dims inward? LET THERE BE LIGHTS!!!!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
spoonman I seen your post and the slowdown you speak of isnt happening for me....weird, I played a multi billion game nothin.
The new tables look good, but whats with the ominous dark spot on these tables as if light cant reach it? TOTAN TOM GORGAR MM maybe theye lighting effect dims inward? LET THERE BE LIGHTS!!!!

Strange. Are you playing on a 1080p LCD/Plasma with your PS3 set to output 1080p? Supposedly it only does it during 1080p.
Not a big deal as the fix is on the way.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
In bug testing lingo we confirm reported bugs .
That's what Im saying in Ripley's Believe it or Not on my PS3 with the new update , the slow/stutter ball bug is also being experienced , when you report a bug you need to list what systems , and any other factors for the developer to determine if it's a isolated bug that is occuring infrequently or a "reproduceable" bug which is easy to find and is a flaw everyone is experiencing .

I can not yet confirm Tales of the Arabian Nights has it yet, I have not experienced it .

Im playing in 1080 P with HDMI cable connected to Samsung HD LED TV.

But again this is not the bug report feedback thread , it's supposed to be a rave thread for the new tables and update .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
In bug testing lingo we confirm reported bugs .
That's what Im saying in Ripley's Believe it or Not on my PS3 with the new update , the slow/stutter ball bug is also being experienced , when you report a bug you need to list what systems , and any other factors for the developer to determine if it's a isolated bug that is occuring infrequently or a "reproduceable" bug which is easy to find and is a flaw everyone is experiencing .

I can not yet confirm Tales of the Arabian Nights has it yet, I have not experienced it .

Im playing in 1080 P with HDMI cable connected to Samsung HD LED TV.

But again this is not the bug report feedback thread , it's supposed to be a rave thread for the new tables and update .

I was speaking specifically about this part:

I didn't pick up on the "bug testing lingo" and I've been professionally beta testing games on several platforms since 1990, but I didn't comment on here to start a war so let's agree to disagree on that.

I reported the bug to Farsight with all necessary information. The system (PS3 slim 320GB model), FW 4.21, update revision (2.01), and a video. Not sure what else I could have given them.. I'm a Virgo (if that helps).
OK I'm tired and becoming grumpy, so I'm going to call it a night.

PS: All of my other posts (on this forum as well as my website and FB page) have been positive, but when a bug comes along that breaks something, rendering it basically unplayable, I'm going to speak up.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I was speaking specifically about this part:

I didn't pick up on the "bug testing lingo" and I've been professionally beta testing games on several platforms since 1990, but I didn't comment on here to start a war so let's agree to disagree on that.

I reported the bug to Farsight with all necessary information. The system (PS3 slim 320GB model), FW 4.21, update revision (2.01), and a video. Not sure what else I could have given them.. I'm a Virgo (if that helps).
OK I'm tired and becoming grumpy, so I'm going to call it a night.

PS: All of my other posts (on this forum as well as my website and FB page) have been positive, but when a bug comes along that breaks something, rendering it basically unplayable, I'm going to speak up.

and so you should , but this thread was not intended to say HEY THIS PATCH IS BUGGY , I believe the OP 's topic was Hot damn the new tables look incredible! So I'd like to have one thread that is positive for FarSight to be able to read .

so you're a pro beta tester , I don't get paid , but Im far from being a casual volunteer type beta tester , my guys are so secretive I can't even tell you their name in public forums . So good job , and good night .

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I agree with OP about the new tables, but I also think all the other ones look spectacular as well ;) Come on guys let's give Farsight some love. The guys are doing a great job with the game and I notice a lot of negativity in the forums most of the time.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Is it just me or are the colors on the Gorgar table too bright? I can hardly see the ball.
If possible we really need something to control the lightning and the overall brightness of a table...

Monster Bash is great, cool music that makes you rock with the monsters. For the first time in a pinball game I turned up the volume on my hifi - to the dismay of the other family members but after reaching "Monster Bash" I just couldn't resist. :cool:

I promised them that I won't do the same in Gorgar...

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Is it just me or are the colors on the Gorgar table too bright? I can hardly see the ball.
If possible we really need something to control the lightning and the overall brightness of a table...

Monster Bash is great, cool music that makes you rock with the monsters. For the first time in a pinball game I turned up the volume on my hifi - to the dismay of the other family members but after reaching "Monster Bash" I just couldn't resist. :cool:

I promised them that I won't do the same in Gorgar...
I agree , but you have to remember ? EVERYTHING IN 1979 was too bright!!

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I only play it on my Vita despite having a PS3, and yes the new tables are indeed impressive. Gorgar looks even awesome now compared to PHoF. Everything looks so crisp! Didn't have any problems with the lighting though.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm not trying to start a console war at all as I have TPA on all devices except for Android. I have to say that the tables overall looks better on PS3 than the other platforms, in my opinion. Gorgar looks FANTASTIC!! I just hate that the ball keeps draining in the outer lanes. Other than that...this is top notch!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts