Silverball Studios LAUNCHES Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered Kickstarter Campaign

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Silverball Studios LAUNCHES Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered Kickstarter Campaign

KICKSTARTER ACTIVE!

PINBALL WIZARDS JOIN FORCES FOR KICKSTARTER PROJECT AS PRO PINBALL® UNVEILS FUNDING CAMPAIGN​

Pat Lawlor – creator of best-selling and highest rated pinball machines of all time – to design new, exclusive table for PC, Mac and iOS reboot

Creators of Pro Pinball® series to remaster the original tables​

Oxfordshire, UK. September 5th 2012. Silverball Studios today announced that it has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the revival and remastering of Pro Pinball® – widely regarded as the best pinball simulation ever made.

The campaign went live this morning, September 3rd, with the team at Silverball looking to raise a minimum of $400,000 to fund this much-anticipated project.

The team promises that with the funding received from a successful Kickstarter campaign they will be giving the fans more than they would ever expect. The first promise made by the development team is that they will revive the series with a brand new ultimate Pro Pinball® table. To do this in the mostauthentic way possible, the team have enlisted the help of pinball legend Pat Lawlor, creator of the best selling pinball table of all time, The Addams Family, and the highest rated pinball table of all time, The Twilight Zone.

"Being involved with this project is hugely exciting. The team at Silverball is the only choice when it comes to virtual pinball. This project is like a dream come true for me too, without the usual economic constraints of the real world, I can explore design strategies that would normally be impossible." said Pat Lawlor.

The second promise, if the project receives full funding, is that the team will fully remaster the four original Pro Pinball® tables for PC, Mac and iOS.

"When the Pro Pinball® games were first made we pushed the hardware to the limit, but time has moved on and now we can do so much more! Our plan is to fully remaster the four tables to ensure that the original, and hugely popular, classics maintain their authenticity whilst looking and playing the best they can. Plus you will finally be able to take Pro Pinball wherever you go and play on an iPad or iPhone!"said Adrian Barritt, CEO of Silverball Studios.

The Pro Pinball® series was created in 1995 by a team of developers at Cunning Developments, headed up by Silverball CEO Adrian Barritt. Since Silverball Studios was set up the team have created new pinball games; Mario Pinball Land, Metroid Prime Pinball, Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon and Frogger Pinball.

"All of our Pinball titles at Silverball have been a huge success but not a day goes past without a fan asking me when we are going to bring back the original Pro Pinball tables. So now, after all these years, we really want to answer those questions with "soon". Funding this project through Kickstarter will mean that we can get input from those fans that back the project, and we can also keep to the ethos of no compromise when it comes to quality and realism." added Barritt.

In return for their pledge, Kickstarter backers will receive a wide range of reward items, including signed boxed copies of the tables in the series; classic and new, and the opportunity to appear on the back-glass of the new table, drawn by the great John Youssi; the artist responsible for a the back-glass artwork for The Addams Family, The Twilight Zone and Medieval Madness. Plus the team are creating a series of metal Pro Pinball® keyrings; and these collectors' items will only be available to the Kickstarter backers.

This project is set to be a major milestone in the world of pinball and in light of the team’s passion for pinball games and the dedication of the fans of the original series, Silverball are confident that with the backing required, fans will not be disappointed.

Please show your support and help make Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered a reality by pledging HERE.

Last edited:

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Come on guys get all your friends involved.

Im in for $100.
Asked a question and was told that if they reach their goal they will be planning more tables as well as looking into licensing some real tables.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Pledged $100 for the boxed version and the awesome keyring. $500 is tempting for all games in boxed versions but it's a little bit too much for me ;)

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I wish them luck. They've got 1 $10,000 pledge already. $400,000 is a LOT of clams though. That's over $13,000 a day, every day for the next 29 days.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
wish you guys good luck (fantasy pinball is just not my cup of tea anymore, even though i love pat lawlors designs) :)

coz 400k is no small amount of money for a pinball game...and in this day and age it's not really something joe public looks for, if you know what i mean... :(

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I wish them the best of luck and will surely pick up a copy once it hits platforms. I just don't have the connection to Pro pinball that others have and I just spend my monthly allowance on games last weekend, so I'm gonna pass this one by. Fingers still crossed for them however, I'll be sure to follow it.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Pledged $100 for the boxed version and the awesome keyring. $500 is tempting for all games in boxed versions but it's a little bit too much for me ;)

I agree, it's a very nice package for the price. I wish I had enough money to spend for the 250 tier, but it's going to have to be the 100. The combination of real goodies (keychain and game pack) and virtual ones (forum VIP, all games, developer diaries, theme voting) makes it a tremendous bang for your buck.

Very nice promo video! Funny, yet professionally done, Adrian and Pat seem like really cool guys, my favorite has to be the very last scene. They both seem genuinely excited, and the whole way they present the project has a lot of polish.

Can't wait for the further updates. I also really like how they will release the recreated tables one by one - I've never played Pro Pinball, so that means I can really dive into each one seperately.

And man, those Metroid Prime Pinball wallpapers are sweet!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Going pretty slowly... I wonder if it wouldn´t have been better to make a Kickstarter for only Timeshock first, get people hooked on the series again and rake in some money, and do the Lawlor table after the other Pro Pinball tables are out. Doing everything at once might be a bit too much... We´ll see.

I mean, they´re already working on Timeshock, as demonstrated by that tech demo - I´ll be very sad if we can´t at least get one Pro Pinball table remade like that, but I´m sure that even if this Kickstarter doesn´t make it, it won´t be the end of the project. I´m pretty certain that they will have a Plan B, they surely didn´t go through the money and effort to get the Pro Pinball brand back and then just make it completely depend on an all-or-nothing project.

See, I´m trying to keep my expectations in check ;)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE BIG news! XBLA support added for Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered. You can read Silverball Studios' Update #1 and show your support by pledging HERE.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I wonder if they realize that if the goal isn't reached then they don't get their money.

Considering they've got a beta version sorted for Greenlight then surely it'd have made sense to stick a goal like £40k and allow people to basically preorder the game and buy all the old tables. As it stands they're obviously not going to hit the target and they're going to look very silly when they realize that they have 0 preorders again.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I was thinking along the same lines as well. I highly doubt they'd make the goal, but with the money they are getting, they should simply go ahead and remaster the old tables and sell those instead of making the new table.

I've always wanted to play Pro Pinball on the go for the longest time.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Freelance, they aren't getting any money if they don't hit their goal. It's an all-or-nothing thing with Kickstarter.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This is certainly stressful to watch. I would hate to find out the fate of PP is tied to this one Kickstarter. I can't see them doing that, there has to be a plan B

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts