Pinball 2000?

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Being a newcomer to all things pinball, I'm not very well informed on all the ins and outs of table rules, licences and general what's in. My love of the game started with TPA & seeing as I live in Scotland, will probably stay in the virtual world. Scrolling through a certain video website I came across the. "Pinball 2000," promo. I was amazed and excited about that innovation only to be brought straight back down to earth by the realisation that because of coorporate bigwigs, this idea never really got going. Big shame. I might get to play on a normal table someday but this amazing looking piece of genius, my cold Scottish fingers will never touch. Would be great to see on TPA, but reading how hard the laws are on original machines, looks doubtful. Any comments would be welcome. Long live Pinball!

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
Would love to see one of the Pinball 2000 games in TPA as well. Problem is there are only two that were produced and one has a major license (EP.1). Not much of a turn around on FarSights part. It would add some great variety to the game.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
It was a last ditch attempt to reinvigorate the dying pinball scene by combining Pinball with a Video Game.

The ball when in the top half of the play field was hard to see due to the reflective glass too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just don't like these. They left me flat. Felt like I was bouncing a tennis ball off a wall the whole time.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Being a newcomer to all things pinball, I'm not very well informed on all the ins and outs of table rules, licences and general what's in. My love of the game started with TPA & seeing as I live in Scotland, will probably stay in the virtual world. Scrolling through a certain video website I came across the. "Pinball 2000," promo. I was amazed and excited about that innovation only to be brought straight back down to earth by the realisation that because of coorporate bigwigs, this idea never really got going. Big shame. I might get to play on a normal table someday but this amazing looking piece of genius, my cold Scottish fingers will never touch. Would be great to see on TPA, but reading how hard the laws are on original machines, looks doubtful. Any comments would be welcome. Long live Pinball!
This didn't end due to corporate bigwigs, it ended due to the collapse of the industry. We will never see these on TPA, due to:
1. the SWE1 license
2. the fact these run on complex (for a pinball machine) technology that would be very difficult to emulate.
3. Lack of tables. If they had released a lot more of these, it might be worth it, but not with only one viable table.
4. Williams is also very protective of the game code for these. They made ipdb take down access to the ROMS (though they stated in the same letter they will continue to allow them to host all other tables), and threatened to sue a VP developer who converted SWE1 to the platform. Not sure if this is also an issue with TPA, since they are a legal, money paying licensee.
5. Neither table is really all that great, at least compared to standard machines. Had this line been able to evolve as originally planned (which would have involved larger, more complex playfields, among other innovations), this might have turned into something awesome, but that never happened.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts