Where Do You Play Real World Pinball Tables?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thought I'd start a thread so we can all share where we play real world pinball tables. Who knows, maybe we'll all find out about pinball arcades we didn't know about and might want to visit in the future. Here's where I play pinball here in Austin, Tx :

Check out their website HERE

ENJOY! :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You are very lucky.

I have a couple places nearby with a handful of machines. My local bowling alley has 4, and there's a movie theater that has 4 as well. Other than that, there's a restaurant that has one and a roller rink that has one too. Otherwise I'd have to drive over an hour to play any others, but the closest "big" arcade is probably Chicago and that's 6 hours away.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You are very lucky.

I have a couple places nearby with a handful of machines. My local bowling alley has 4, and there's a movie theater that has 4 as well. Other than that, there's a restaurant that has one and a roller rink that has one too. Otherwise I'd have to drive over an hour to play any others, but the closest "big" arcade is probably Chicago and that's 6 hours away.

At least you have a few options where you can get your pinball fix. Most people don't have that option and I feel bad for them, especially if they know what they're missing.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Wow pin wiz that place looks great. There are a few bars and bowling alleys that have one or two tables nearby, but nothing very playable. Most are pretty beat up. One was so bad, the guy actually told us, " dont bother playing it. I just end up giving everyone their quarters back." The last few weekends we've been actively searching out tables. That's how I found ssbilliards.com. Only 20 tables on the floor at any one time, but around here that's unbelievable. We're going to hit that place next weekend.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Wow Jeff thanks for posting that! I found a place 16 miles away that has 30 tables. The listing is from 2010 but I may hit this place next weekend instead. Way closer and ten more tables than the place I was planning on hitting. Plus they have Pinbot and bride of Pinbot. Haven't gotten to play on a real Pinbot in 22 years!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Wow Jeff thanks for posting that! I found a place 16 miles away that has 30 tables. The listing is from 2010 but I may hit this place next weekend instead. Way closer and ten more tables than the place I was planning on hitting. Plus they have Pinbot and bride of Pinbot. Haven't gotten to play on a real Pinbot in 22 years!

See...this thread is working already. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Very groovy.....and again I'm jealous :)

Here's another similar site that might give a few different results:
http://www.pldb.org/

Also, I think we should all add any local machines we find to both of these sites, if they aren't already there. None of my local machines were listed on either, so it's good to know that I've done my part to help my fellow pinheads.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
There's a place in MD called Crab Towne USA that has a few pins and some older arcade games that I sometimes go to. Pins are in decent condition, though I noticed there are days when everything is working and days when some are out of order. Addams Family used to be out of order, but last time I was there, it was working great. I would like to go to the museum in Baltimore again and will probably do that in April. Pins were mostly in good condition there. The closest place to me with a couple pins is a pizza place that has a South Park and Tales of Arabian Nights, but the latter is dirty with a weak right flipper. Doesn't look like it has been maintained.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
None. I am one of the unfortunates :(

My local theatre had a couple of Stern tables and I only managed to play them for a little while before they removed them all :(

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
None. I am one of the unfortunates :(

My local theatre had a couple of Stern tables and I only managed to play them for a little while before they removed them all :(

The local mall and theater here used to have arcades, but they are both gone. They replaced the arcade there with a cell phone store with very little notice. I think there was only one Stern pinball there, as well. Not the best arcade, but it did have House of the Dead 1. The bowling alley still has a mini arcade. I think there was no pinball last I was there.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
When I lived in Colorado Springs the Manitou Springs penny arcade was a favored haunt of mine for pinball machines of various ages. If you ever find yourself in the area, check it out. You can play for hours with pocket change on the older machines. It's a good place to actually play the history of pinball.

Travis Fedytnyk

Mar 27, 2012
WOW!!! Really!! im in Manchester,CT and had no idea that place existed. gonna be makin a trip pretty soon :)We have a hotel in town with 4 tables: "Getaway" "F-14 Tomcat", "NBA"and my absolute fav the one and only "Addams Family".
Living around the New England area (South-Eastern CT), there is a very cool place in New Hampshire called Pinball Wizard Arcade.

http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com/

Around 80+ tables and plenty of video games. I went there once and most of their machines are in fairly good condition.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There are none where I live. I am guessing that there's a couple hole in the wall places in a very remote area but I haven't had time to explore and have no reason to really drive out there. I generally only get to play when I'm in Vegas which is a 3 hour drive or Orange County which has a couple movie theaters and pizza places. I was recently in Phoenix and that has lots of decent options!

Hopefully someday soon I can have a table or 10 of my own!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There are none where I live. I am guessing that there's a couple hole in the wall places in a very remote area but I haven't had time to explore and have no reason to really drive out there. I generally only get to play when I'm in Vegas which is a 3 hour drive or Orange County which has a couple movie theaters and pizza places. I was recently in Phoenix and that has lots of decent options!

1 is never enough!

Travis Fedytnyk

Mar 27, 2012
3 hr drive 2 the Pinball Hall of Fame? not so bad, im about to drive 2 hours to http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com and i have no idea what to expect there lol

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Nearest pin to me is about 80 minutes drive away at the end of Llandudno Pier (N Wales) - that's if (a) it's plugged in and (b) if they ever get round to fixing the non-working left flipper... they've taken the last two working machines away from Rhyl, but I have heard there are a couple now in Southport, which is only a 2 hour Merseyrail ride away, so I'm hoping to investigate soon.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I have one table (Getaway) that is a 5 min drive away at a bar.
2jxoh5.jpg

And 4 more that are 50 miles away at an arcade. A couple good ones though!
2mgk0sy.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.