FarSight - Thank You!

RhodyDave

Sep 4, 2012
I want to show some love to FarSight for the great work they've done on this game. I've only been playing it for a week or so now, but it's easily my favorite game (PS3).

As an older gamer - late 40's - I've got perspective on a lot of these games that the younger players don't. I grew up playing pinball in real arcades and can't express the joy I feel in having this game that so closely duplicates the fun of the real thing. Sure, there are issues that need to be fixed up a bit, but overall this is an amazing simulator of classic pinball.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I want to show some love to FarSight for the great work they've done on this game. I've only been playing it for a week or so now, but it's easily my favorite game (PS3).

As an older gamer - late 40's - I've got perspective on a lot of these games that the younger players don't. I grew up playing pinball in real arcades and can't express the joy I feel in having this game that so closely duplicates the fun of the real thing. Sure, there are issues that need to be fixed up a bit, but overall this is an amazing simulator of classic pinball.

Hello RhodyDave and welcome! FarSight has done a wonderful effort by bringing those clasic tables back for pinball fans. This is why I'm very grateful for all the work FS has done to bring back these tables that some of us have had the opportunity to play live and to experience others for the first time (never played Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire and Medieval Madness live).

Once again, welcome!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Rhodydave ~ that's a nice one for one of your 1st posts . I'm also in my 40's and not much of a RL life pinball fanatic . I've had history with pinball sims in videogames going back to the MicroVision handheld in the 80's . They are a nice change from the FPS games I usually play , but when I want to get away from the world of Battlefield 3 , being called names by anonymous strangers , and the rest . I can always look forward to a game of Pinball Arcade . Thanks for your hard work FarSight , I will keep supporting you as long as you keep trying to make these games come to life in a videogame .

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
I agree. FarSight is doing a great job with recreating these Pinball machines. Sure there may be a handful of bugs, but every game has them. I'm looking forward to many more tables to play in The Pinball Arcade :)

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Couldn't agree more with this thread. Last night I played BoP waiting for DLC pack 3 to drop (which it did just after I went to bed.. grr...) and imo this table alone is worth every penny I paid for TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Is this where the people in their 40's meet? Just kidding. I'm in my 40's too and I just love TPA. Brings back a lot of great memories and also introduced me to some newer pins that i have never seen. It's nice to be able to play pinball without making a pilgrimage to find some real life pins. They just seem so scarce anymore. Welcome RhodyDave. I hope you continue to enjoy TPA and this cool forum.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
while at first, i must admit i was kinda pissed for waiting for the xbox dlc's, i just cant be mad at this game anymore...

yeah, farsight, keep up the good work... even with them bugs popping up here and there, its far from being unplayable (and certainly not so bad as an ef'd up rl machine with poor flippers, missing multiball balls and broken toys & features)

good stuff :cool:

but since we're also on the topic of age, lemme chime in with my 34-next-month data :eek:

edit: oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I'm in my mid 30s and I've never played pinball in arcades. In fact I never went to arcades, so I've never played ANY of these tables in TPA. It was pinball games that got me hooked on pinball. All these tables are great and it's thanks to Farsight that I get to play real pins (never mind that they're virtual) forever and ever.

I hope before they stop making more tables, I'd have a ton of great tables to play. At least 50!

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
I discovered TPA while casually browsing for a pinball game on my new phone. Now I'm considering offering to look into repairing the terribly maintained Simpsons pin at the establishment near my house (2 out of 5 flippers are functioning). I'm also planning a trip to the local pinbal museum... maybe it'll be a family trip!

I'd forgotten how fun it is to learn a pin and how rewarding it is when you finally start reaching the final goals. Thanks FarSight!

Also, thanks for being so active in your community.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I think the game is fantastic and a really nice surprise for me. I became aware of it's existence after watching a video on Youtube which was referred to by a tweet from Ed Boon. It's the video where they show how they digitalize the tables. Afterwards I downloaded the demo and was instantly hooked, and I'm going to support this game for as long as they keep releasing tables. It's such a great game, and extremely rewarding to play and improve your skills on. I also think the physics in this game are the best ever in a pinball game (and I say this after playing Zen Pinball 2, which has really good physics but IMO, TPA's physics are much more realistic). I think they really should invest a little bit more in publicity and marketing, because I for one became aware of it almost by accident, so I was very close to never knowing this gem existed. Overall I'm extremely happy with all aspects of this game, and I think paying aproximately 2 and half bucks for a table on which you can play for hundreds of hours is a steal and a phenomenal value.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I agree with all the sentiments here. In my mid forties, having grown up on pin tables and 80's video games, I love TPA.

Couldn't care less about bugs. I'll still buy the tables and have myself a blast

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Arcades were my oasis and now in my mid 30s and have a time machine on my ipad. Thank you so much farsight. You have a customer for as long as this project continues.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Just read all the good news! Elvira! I'm lovin' it!

It just keeps getting better. FarSight has a lifer here.

Let's get some Judge Dredd rollin' down the road.

For all the aged ones, I have no Geritol to spare.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I'm in my mid 30s and I've never played pinball in arcades. In fact I never went to arcades, so I've never played ANY of these tables in TPA. It was pinball games that got me hooked on pinball. All these tables are great and it's thanks to Farsight that I get to play real pins (never mind that they're virtual) forever and ever.

I hope before they stop making more tables, I'd have a ton of great tables to play. At least 50!

As someone in my 30's who used to play pinball and video games in pubs and arcade all the time in the 80's and 90's (when I was drinking cola), I must quote Patrick Stewart from Extras "good lord!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.