360 PFX2 Sale

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The Core PFX2 pack (Pasha Rome Biolab and Secrets of the Deep) and Marvel Vengeance and Virtue are on sale this week for 400 points each.

Personally not that interested in the core pack, but I was looking at the Marvel Pack myself already so picked it up on the cheap.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
How are the Marvel tables playwise if your are not a fanboy?
P.S. Imo the core tables are a lot better than most newer tables.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Personally I find Vengeance And Virtue weaker tables than the new Avenger ones. Biolab and Secrets Of The Deeps are fun tables though.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
How are the Marvel tables playwise if your are not a fanboy?
The Marvel ones in general or these ones? I havent had much experience yet with this V&V pack, been laying PvZ tonight for ****s and giggles. From what I gather they are pretty deep ruleset wise, and remind me a lot of Avengers Chronicles if you have played those. Moon knight and Thor seem to be at the top of a lot of lists, Xmen is a bit hard to grasp the ruleset. Ghostrider is a big unknown for me. But I figured for 400 points who cares.

If you mean if Marvel tables in general are good: I don't like the first pack even if I really like Spiderman, Iron man and Wolverine as characters, the tables are just too boring. Cap America and FF4 are pretty great I think and the Avengers pack is allover pretty good (I like the Avengers table itself the least, too many effing ramps in a fanlike pattern). Hulk is a lot of ramps as well but the layout is just much more varied. Fear and Infinity are great but complex tables.

P.S. Imo the core tables are a lot better than most newer tables.
Which newer tables are you referring to when you say the core is better? Ignoring all PFX1 tables, I really can't get into Mars or Mrs Splosion and Paranormal, but think Sorcerers Lair is fairly decent and Epic Quest pretty great. If the tables compare to those last 2 (and EDF and Excalibur as well, best pfx1 tables) I might pick them up as well, still have some points left from the dissapointing summer of arcade and all I'm interested in for the rest of the year is TPA tables and Walking dead episodes.

Unless something comes out of left field that is.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, bought the Avengers tables and the Avenger table is also my least favorite of the pack. Maybe I will give the V&V pack a shot cause I have still 460 MS points left.
I had the most fun with the old core tables. More than with the Avengers pack, Sorcerer's Lair, Paranormal etc. BUT Epic Quest is my favorite so far.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Well once I get my damn xbox back from the teen playing Blue Dragon behind me Ill do a quick demo of the 4 and see how I like em. I remember being interested in biolab and secrets of the deep, but not willing to spend 10 bucks.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Bought the V&V tables and somehow I have more fun with them than with the Avangers pack.

Yup, I really like all 4 of them (although Moon Knight has me scratching my head on wtf is going on). Really digging the weirdness of Ghostrider, it's really like no other Zen table. Xmen looks much more straightforwad than most other later Marvel tables in its modes and is a table I could really sink my teeth in I think, seems challenging with the need to clear the modes to advance (instead of just starting them). Thor I already knew from iOS zen but is a decent table as well. Moon Knight is a bit of "Wtf is going on" table but I like the aesthetics.

Oh and I buckled for the corepack as well, I figured in a few weeks I would regret not grabbing them for 400 points.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I bought the 2 packs on sale too and I'm really enjoying them. Sure the physics aren't very good and I hate some of the sounds ( flipper sound and some of the ball collisions ) but the grx are awesome and they are surprisingly fun.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I recommend these packs to every 360 pinball fan. 400 MS points is a no-brainer! I'm not the biggest fan of Zen's ball physics BUT it works for their tables.

SuperGrafx

Aug 26, 2012
I bought the core pack and the V&V pack.
Not a bad use of 800 MS Points while waiting for the next TPA release.
These games are surprisingly fun...feel free to add me to your friends list.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Been really enjoying Biolab. Reached the "wizard mode" last night (the one after you do all the upgrades) although sadly I couldnt finish it. Think today's the last chance to make use of the sale of the pfx2 core pack and the V&V pack so get on either (or both) if you have 400 points laying around.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Glad you enjoy the core pack. :)
Hopefully the first Marvel pack will be on sale in the near future. I want Blade so bad.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Glad you enjoy the core pack. :)
Hopefully the first Marvel pack will be on sale in the near future. I want Blade so bad.

Yea, I won't get it full price, wolverine and spiderman are just not worth it imo. Never played Iron Man tbh.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Been kinda hooked on the Xmen table. I heard not so great things about that one, but it's really fun and challenging with a ton of modes.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, for me it's:
Xmen > Moon Knight > Ghost Rider > Thor

I quite like thor, although the artwork/style is horrendous imo. Modes are quite hard though.

It certainly isn't the best of the Marvels but it has the advantage that it's clear what to do (unlike fear itself and infinity gauntlet or moon knight which are the better tables in all marvel imo) from the start so it's a good pick-up-and-play table so I tend to stick with those longer when you get a bunch of new tables.

Last edited:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So, pulled the trigger and bought the first Marvel pack mainly for Blade. But man, Wolverine is so great, could be my favorite of this pack. I love the saucer, it reminds me of PotC a lot!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
No matter how much I wanted to like FX2, I really can't stand it. Maybe the eventual FX3 will be better...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.