DLC#3 Too bouncy?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Not as bad as MM and CV IMO. The new Ps3 update did help things out a bit in that regard still can't see why a slow trickle down the left orbit and hold the left flipper still has the ball bounce up to left and toward the outlanes. I don't recall it doing that on the real table.

Gorgar is pretty accurate in how it play on the real table I thought much like Black Hole in how the ball reacts. The physics in the latest table packs are much better. Still I think funhouse and Bride are top notch physics wise. I happened to play the demo version of TAXI on my small android phone and it was pretty good physics wise. Some of the more elaborate tables like Creature and Monster bash I couldn't see too well on the small screen. Glad I picked up the PS3 version so I can actually see what I'm shooting at.

The other tables still need some minor tweaking but getting there.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
No not on my end, I've only played digital versions of both these games MB (visual pinball) and Gorgar (PHOFtWC). MB is the best rendition I've ever seen and I like the speed of Gorgar compared to the disc version.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
No, they seem to have fixed the bounciness issue with the newer tables. It's only an issue with MM and the core pack, the latter of which they've already made adjustments. Not enough, but a good start. MB has good physics in all areas except the flippers, which needs some work, particularly how the ball rolls.
Lets not forget that real tables often do some strange things. Some tables I played recently, the ball acted in ways that, if it were a video game, I'd have said were totally unrealistic. You also don't have to worry in TPA about B.S. things happening, like the ball flying over the flippers, or landing on the apron and draining.
Now, if Pro Pinball returns, that will give TPA some serious competition. They had the best physics back in the day, and only the most recent installments of TPA have equaled, or surpassed, what they did back in '95-'99. I can't wait to see what they can do with modern machines.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.