PS3 - Request Controls options for nudge controls on either both analog sticks or stick+ L2/R2

kmye

Sep 6, 2012
Just found TPA a couple days ago. It's fantastic, but I have one request I think would make control of the game on a PS3 controller more intuitive: put an option in for nudge controls on both sides of the controller. More times than I'd like to admit, when thinking to nudge/slap the table from right, I've hit the r-stick rather than the l-stick; pretty frustrating when your reflexes are telling you to do the nudge with your right hand.

Here's three possible ways I can think of to offer optional mapping to make this happen:

1. Leave the default controls as they are, add a left and right nudge to L2/R2 (or non-analog nudge to L1/R1 if people have the flippers on L2/R2)
2a. Move the plunger control to R2 or L2/R2 (or I guess non-analog plunger launch to L1/R1 if people have the flippers on L2/R2?), and copy the nudge controls from the L-Stick to R-stick as well (so that they both act as L-stick does now)
2b. Use both analog sticks for nudge as in 2a, but treat them as if they were right and left hands on a table, so that just moving one hand/stick would be lighter than both sticks in the same direction, doing a clean upwards nudge would require using both together, etc.

When I was searching to see if anyone had requested something like this before, didn't come across this, but did come across someone proposing 6Axis nudge controls, which I thought was worth repeating again, too.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.