SHOW YOUR SUPPORT For Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered On Steam Greenlight

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Silverball Studios is now on Steam Greenlight and you can show your support by rating Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered HERE.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Farsight, why won't you let me love you? Anyway, I voted and favorited Pro Pinball. I hope to see TPA up there soon :)

karl

May 10, 2012
Done. Had to buy a crappy old pinball game that crashes all the time to be able to vote, but it was worth it :D

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How many votes does a game need to get approved? It looks like a ton of people have commented/voted, but it still says "0%".

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
How many votes does a game need to get approved? It looks like a ton of people have commented/voted, but it still says "0%".

The following quote is taken from this article.

How many votes does a game need to get selected?
It's going to change during the first few days/weeks since we don't know what kind of traffic to expect. Part of the drive for this system is the need for customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam. So the specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight.

We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to always hit a specific number of votes.

It sounds like the required amount will change over time, as this is a new thing for Valve, they're uncertain how big of a demand there will be for certain games from the start.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I don't think it's getting a huge flood of traffic at all. Many people on steam are probably not voting out of disinterest or confusion - not to mention those of us who were interested were just buried under a pile of mediocre entries. I myself won't browse it regularly, but rather will go there specifically to support projects as I hear about them from forum threads like this one. I expect they need to rethink how this all works in the near future, some of the most popular games on there are only around 20-30%.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
After going through 5 pages of games, I'm thinking the pro pinball entry is just burried under a pile of utter crap.

I'm all for healthy indiegames initiative (I own Fez, Spelunky, Dust and enjoy them all), but initiatives like that just get flooded by a stream of unoriginal clones. Take a look over at the MS-indies section of XBLA.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm starting to think Greenlight is a pretty lame idea from Steam. I don't get why they have to be so damn exclusive....and so anti-pinball.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
I'm starting to think Greenlight is a pretty lame idea from Steam. I don't get why they have to be so damn exclusive....and so anti-pinball.

If you have feedback regarding Greenlight, Valve would like to hear it. They're looking for ways to improve Greenlight and make it a better experience for the community.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you have feedback regarding Greenlight, Valve would like to hear it. They're looking for ways to improve Greenlight and make it a better experience for the community.

My feedback would be to do away with Greenlight altogether and don't be so draconian about letting games appear on Steam...it's even more draconian than the App Store if you think about it....but they don't want to hear that, so I won't bother.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.