Zen Pinball - Favorite Table?

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone's favorite Zen table is. Not Marvel, just Zen. Good physics or bad, what's your favorite one to play?

For me, I think Sorcerer's Lair is #1. It's the closest they've ever come to a real table, IMHO.

#2 would be Excalibur (although it consistantly kicks my a**!)

Thoughts?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Rocky and Bullwinkle feels the closest to a real table to me. It doesn't have any animated-character-gimmicky stuff, and it's definitely the most challenging of the bunch too. I wish Zen would make more tables like that. Most of the others are too easy and you can keep the ball going forever, but some of that is also because the flippers are too close together.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Excalibur and Earth Defence would be my top two. ED is just fun and Excalibur doesn't have much animated character things.

KingMixer

Mar 13, 2012
Excalibur and Earth Defence would be my top two. ED is just fun and Excalibur doesn't have much animated character things.

Yeah, Zen sometimes goes overboard with the animation. It winds up being more of a distraction than adding to the gameplay.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I don't have all the tables so I am not familiar with Sorcerer's Lair. When it comes to Zen 3D as DLC though, I'll get it as we both agree on something and will accept your advice.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I really like earth defence, but it's far too hard to reach the goals. Also the ball is far far too heavy, often almost stopping dead going up a ramp even after a big smash.
I like Excalibur too, but the multiball shot is almost impossible, I've only ever locked two balls.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I stopped playing FX2 a while ago but the best table I played was probably sorcerer's Lair.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Not counting Marvel Pinball, my favorites would be Earth Defense and Excalibur. Both have very interesting themes and sport great layouts with good rulesets.

pinnallfan69

Mar 27, 2012
Favorite Zen Pinball? Hmm for me it's Epic Quest. I like the design the charm (Max's quotes are funny) And the idea of progression. Other Favorites are MARS, Earth Defense, Sorcerer's Lair. If only I could play Rome and Buccaneer on the PS3 as those look really cool.

Jimmy Gambrill

Mar 27, 2012
Favorite Zen Pinball? Hmm for me it's Epic Quest. I like the design the charm (Max's quotes are funny) And the idea of progression. Other Favorites are MARS, Earth Defense, Sorcerer's Lair. If only I could play Rome and Buccaneer on the PS3 as those look really cool.
Epic Quest is cool, it's a RPG table. Did real life pinball ever have one of those? Not that I know of.

Zonne B

Apr 10, 2012
for me i liked them all untill now i can really say whats my favourite 1...Epic quest!really good table

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have the original Marvel Pinball Pack and Excalibur. I had some fun with them when I first got them, but got tired of them after my skills on them plateaued. With the introduction of TPA, I have no reason to go back to Zen.

Adam

Apr 5, 2012

You're not missing much with Buccaneer...it's little more than a low rent Addams Family ripoff. It just makes you wish you were playing the table it jacked. Rome is fairly interesting, though.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I only have the Core tables and the Marvel Pinball Pack...although i like Rome, Wolverine is my favorite. Sorry for breaking the rules but i don't have much to choose from

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
I really like the Spider-Man table in the first Marvel pinball. A lot of great combo loops. It's almost as good as the Stern Spider-Man. I also like Ghost Rider, but it's way too easy to rack up extra balls and play it forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.