2 Stage Flippers

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
I wanted to ask about the two stage flippers from Skill-Shots thread about the new update, but it is closed. What is the purpose of two stage flippers? I just tried them on Ripleys and Funhouse. Full pressure on the shoulder button activates both lower and upper flipper. Light pressure activates top only.
Just curious on how to use this to further the playing experience? Thanks

Ralph

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I wanted to ask about the two stage flippers from Skill-Shots thread about the new update, but it is closed. What is the purpose of two stage flippers? I just tried them on Ripleys and Funhouse. Full pressure on the shoulder button activates both lower and upper flipper. Light pressure activates top only.
Just curious on how to use this to further the playing experience? Thanks

Ralph
Light pressure should activate the bottom flipper only, full pressure to activate both. If light pressure is activating the upper flipper while the lower flipper is still in the down position, something's going wrong.

The purpose is to allow you to hold trapped balls on the lower flipper while still making shots (usually the jackpot or super jackpot shots) with the upper flipper.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Check again light pressure only bottom flippers full pressure top flipper, its kind of anoying at first feels like lag but if you lightly hold the button then hit it full it feels normal speed.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Im not a fan of 2 stage flippers, it's one reason I hated Zen... Hopefully they add an option to disable this feature in the settings later...

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Im not a fan of 2 stage flippers, it's one reason I hated Zen... Hopefully they add an option to disable this feature in the settings later...

two stage flippers mimic an actual pinball machine though.. the way it works is different but the effect is (virtually) the same. It's much easier to hit the jackpot in Funhouse with a 2 stage flipper for instance...

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012

I agree. Definitely need the option to turn it off. I'm not a fan of the two stage flippers at all.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If they do include it, whether there is an option or not, you can disable it by using the shoulder buttons instead of the analog triggers.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
If they do include it, whether there is an option or not, you can disable it by using the shoulder buttons instead of the analog triggers.

If you are talking about the L2/R2 buttons, they don't even work anymore after the last patch .......

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
For ps3 all the buttons are analog except dpad select,start,PS button and L3/R3 so L1/R1 and L2/R2 are 2stage.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.