PS3 - Bug Black screen after update

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Greetings!

I'm going to try to remove the game and then reinstall the demo and unlock, but here's what I've experienced so far.

I hadn't been online in a few months (to play games). Signed in today and had to do a PS3 update. After the update, I went directly to the store and purchased 2 DLC packs. After they were downloaded and installed, I went to play Pinball Arcade. It also downloaded an update, but after the game was to restart, I only get a black screen. Rebooting the PS3 and manually choosing Pinball Arcade gets the same black screen.

There is no CPU activity light at this point, but the network light will blink. There is no sound (not playing blind) and if I attempt to exit the game, there is no sound, nor does it exit.

I read other people have problems with the newest updates, and re-downloaded the demo, but the PS Store would not install it saying a newer version was already on the system.

PS3 version: 4.21
Default display mode: 1080p
Pinball Arcade version: 2.01

If you have any hints, please post them. I will also post whether or not re-installing the demo and unlocking the game works.

So far, deleting the game, redownloading and install with unlock lets the game launch. The only thing is Bride of Pinbot and Gorgor plays the TOTAN music in the menu. I'll play the tables and see if they work properly.

Last edited:

sancto

Sep 9, 2012
I'm having the same problem. After updating today, when I try to open the game the screen goes black, and I can't get a menu to quit the game or shut down the system. I have to turn the system off manually at the PS3.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Everything seems to work ok. Only that if you press any button after entering initals on a DMD game before the top 5 comes up, you'll get stuck with the select letter screen up. Then you can't exit, use pause (call attendant), etc. If you hit X you can play another game but the overlay stays on the screen. You can still exit using the PS button tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.