Request Idea for those useless credits/free games

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't know about you, but getting a free game during play or a match at the end of your play through was an epic moment in the arcade. Now in TPA, it's either totally ignored or even a mild annoyance while waiting to start up a new game and that's too bad.

How about a system where we could stack up these virtual credits and use them for something cool?
A virtual pinball skin for instance! :)

Perhaps that would cost 25 credits.
Or some type of small 3D "trinket" that could be viewed in virtual space (zoomed/rotated). Rudy's head for example.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I want those credits to mean something again.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Doubt they'd want to tie it to any future DLC items, but it could go towards trinkety collectible stuff (that has no value other than bragging rights)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, I'm not sure I would actually pay for ball skins though.
I guess some people may. I expected them to make the basic ones from WPHOF for free.

BoxKnocker

Sep 8, 2012
I think this is an excellent idea as well. It would be amazing for people like me who have no chance of breaking the top 10,000 scores, hey, at least I can earn some credits for some awesome gear. RPG Pinball. Except the grinding is fun. Which of course invites a flood of interesting game mechanics that could be introduced, and probably better suited for original tables, and I keep catching myself about to start offering countless ideas so I'll just say I'm super stoked for challenge mode, and that might be a decent mode to for them to utilize credits, if they havn't already.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Very nice idea! This should be in the general game discussion though, where everybody can see it.

I love unlocking little trinkets in games, with the large amount of 3d models that would be pretty cool :)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Cool idea-It makes the beating of a Hi.Sc., the winning of a Special, or Match that bit more meaningful :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Credits could be used to make changes to the game room, like maybe unlocking new carpets, wallpaper, or decorations, such as posters or flyers on the wall (maybe some of not-yet-released tables). It would also be cool to see trophies and other rewards for reaching objectives, such as completing standard and wizard goals, appear in the virtual game room as well.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
A very good idea Spoonman.

Credits could be used to make changes to the game room, like maybe unlocking new carpets, wallpaper, or decorations, such as posters or flyers on the wall (maybe some of not-yet-released tables). It would also be cool to see trophies and other rewards for reaching objectives, such as completing standard and wizard goals, appear in the virtual game room as well.

Good idea.
I was actually thinking that they could be used to unlock additional custom toys for the playfield.
Based off of the actual toys/additions people add.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked the idea.

I want TPA to excel above the competition and have some nice extras that keep you coming back well after you
complete the goals, get the trophies, and score as high as you think you can.
Now how do we get Farsight on board? :)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The problem is the games are in "free play" mode and they don't keep track of these things. As you know, TPA works by emulating the game ROMs and having the emulator hook various game states.

Interestingly enough, PHoF did use a credit system - you got 10 credits to start, then got more as you completed each goal. Some games were "free play" (they didn't charge you a credit but did do an "insert coin" event). Each time you won, you got a credit you could play anywhere else. But this was because the game wasn't in free play mode, but regular mode.

Of course, I'd like the option to switch between the two... though I did miss the extra ball instead of replay at times :).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
interesting...how about a virtual arcade with a crane machine filled with stuffed gorgars?...;) ...d.m.

Actually.. I like that idea!
We could use our credits in a crane game. And unlock objects that way. Items that can't be "objectified" can be in the form of a ticket or something.

This could work. :)

Let's make those credits fun to collect!

Not to mention plushie "lil Gorgar" would be a cute bastard too
StuffedGorgar-1.png

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I'm gonna repeat my idea to implement an unlockable sound/music test here too, I'd love to be able to unlock a jukebox to listen to the music from any game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.