Fire thinks game still on system

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
I've discovered that I have to uninstall Pinball Arcade and then reinstall it to get rid of unwanted tables. I got the Taxi update. I don't like the Harley Davidson table, so I uninstalled Pinball Arcade. Kindle Fire still shows it installed. Running it was giving me an "app not found" error. I did a soft reset. Now, running it takes me to the app store. The app store offers to "open" rather than "install". Hitting "open" does nothing. I have synced.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've discovered that I have to uninstall Pinball Arcade and then reinstall it to get rid of unwanted tables. I got the Taxi update. I don't like the Harley Davidson table, so I uninstalled Pinball Arcade.

Is it that bad?

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
The app doesn't show up as installed under "More">"Applications". The icon is still in "Apps">"Device". Fire and Amazon think I still have the app installed. I see no folders on my Fire that relate to this app.

My post rolled right off the front page at the very active Amazon Kindle support forum. I guess it's a rare and incurable problem. I hope there's an easy way to back up my files before I do a system restore.

If I start to delete the app at Amazon, I get "Are you sure you want to delete this app? Doing so will permanently remove this app from your account and may prevent it from running properly on any devices it's currently installed on. You will have to purchase this app again if you want to use it." Would this work? Would I just be out a dollar, or would I be out all the tables I've bought?

Last edited:

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Brandon form Amazon Kindle Help Chat (I had no idea it existed) had me clear my app store data. I had to do it twice, but I'm up and running.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So gimme the nitty gritty on Harley Davidson and what's so bad about it. I'm on the fence with this one and I need a push.

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
You should play the demo. It will let you know just what it's like and if it's for you.

Here's video of the real thing.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Glad you figured it out, we plan on adding a remove table functionality in the near future. In the mean time if you connect your fire via usb, and delete the file manually via the file explorer.

For example:

K:\Android\data\com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject\files\THarleyDavidson

Since it is stored in the external data drive no root access is required

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts