I wrote a blog entry all about pinball...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey, I'm shutyertrap.

Over in another thread where the question of how one's love for pinball got started was asked, I posted a link to a blog entry I made a little over a month ago. It was suggested that I start a thread specifically about it, so here it is!

http://www.andreafriebus.com/2012/02/13/the-husband-post-6-pinball-wizard/

See, much easier linking to that than rehashing it here. Anyways, you'll notice how out of place this blog entry about pinball is on my wife's site, as all she talks about is scrapbooking. Well, she asked me to occasionally write stuff. Oops.

While I'm here, I'll give a little more info about me that wasn't included in that posting. I'm a casual player, have never posted tournament type scores, and am generally happy to just score enough to get a replay. I absolutely long to own an actual table, specifically Whirlwind, but really any post '88 game would do. Unfortunately I can't just drop a couple of grand into one of these things. I'll have to just settle for crossing my fingers that one falls into my lap at some point for dirt cheap.

I play Zen, Marvel, and once it comes out on the PS3, TPA. If you feel like friending me, my PSN id is shutyertrap. Read my blog post, leave comments, let's start a discussion where some friendly ribbing can be conducted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
See, much easier linking to that than rehashing it here.

...That is until your wife decides to delete your post... :D No, but really, I think it's a good read that pinball fanatics here will enjoy. By the way, you need to get an Xbox 360 (or maybe it's time I get a PS3).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By the way, you need to get an Xbox 360 (or maybe it's time I get a PS3).

Nope, I refuse! Red Ring of Death was a bad situation that took way too long to correct, I hate the idea of paying a monthly fee just to be able to play online, and none of the Xbox exclusive titles are the types of games I like. Besides, I really don't need a 4th console hooked up! (yeah, there's a PS2 and a Wii in the same rack as my PS3)

Nice try though :p

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Nope, I refuse! Red Ring of Death was a bad situation that took way too long to correct, I hate the idea of paying a monthly fee just to be able to play online, and none of the Xbox exclusive titles are the types of games I like. Besides, I really don't need a 4th console hooked up! (yeah, there's a PS2 and a Wii in the same rack as my PS3)

Nice try though :p

I haven't had a problem with the RROD and I've had my Xbox for almost 5 years now. I understand your thoughts on paying to play online, but what I do is wait for end of the year specials where I only pay $36 for an 18mo. ($2 per month) subscription. Most people don't catch it since it's usually only a 2-3 day special and it's random (Oct/Nov/Dec). I currently have my Xbox 360, Xbox, and PS2 hooked up, but may be getting a PS3 this year.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Still rockin' the original Xbox AND a PS2?! Throw in a Game Cube and you'd have a nice little time capsule. Apart from the exclusives like Uncharted and God of War, my fave thing about the Playstation is the Blu-Ray player. Sony makes sure through firmware updates that it is always current tech, even getting 3D ability before any other Blu-Ray player did. Not that my TV can display it! I'm also kinda digging what they're pushing with the Vita, the ability to start a game on the console and then switch to playing it on the Vita. Not many games are using it yet, but Pinball Arcade is going to ;).

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I have both systems because most of my friends have a 360 so I play online with them, PS3 for the bluray player. I'll probably buy TPA for both eventually, but for 360 first.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll admit, that's my one complaint with the PS3...way larger user base with the Xbox for online play.

Members online

Members online