zoom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Is there a stationary camera view available so that it doesn't zoom every time the ball is on the top of the playfield? Mine used to be stationary but now it zooms when I don't want it to...not sure what happened there.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
PS3_Square.png

Yes, push square to toggle between a locked or scrolling camera. You can also change it in the pause menu.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
Great call Jeff! I'd invite you over to play, but you're in the furthest reaches of the U.P.!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
haha, Ok, what the... are we talking about now ?

If you look on a map, the whole state of Michigan is actually two peninsulas. They are called the Lower and Upper Peninsulas, or L.P. and U.P. for short. People that live in the U.P. are called "yoopers"....

And that's your geography lesson for the day. :)

michigan_vacation_rentals.jpg

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Is it just me or is it easier to try every button first or look at instructions/controls than to post the qeustion in a forum?

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
And that's your geography lesson for the day. :)

Thanks mate, good to know ! I actually have a couple friends in MI, but had no idea about the peninsulas. One 's at school in Ann Arbor, one works in a Corrections Facility in Lansing. I've lived in the US for 11 years now, and it still blows my mind the sheer size of America. Your state is almost twice the size of the whole of my home country (England).

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks mate, good to know ! I actually have a couple friends in MI, but had no idea about the peninsulas. One 's at school in Ann Arbor, one works in a Corrections Facility in Lansing. I've lived in the US for 11 years now, and it still blows my mind the sheer size of America. Your state is almost twice the size of the whole of my home country (England).

Yeah, not very many people know that the Upper Peninsula is actually part of MI, even people who live in lower MI. A lot of folks just think it's a portion of Canada, Minnesota, or Wisconsin. I grew up in Indiana and never knew about the U.P. till I moved up here (in 1994 when I was 13). It's really quite wild and beautiful, especially Lake Superior. The winters can be rather harsh, but the summers are fantastic, although not quite long enough.

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Yeah, not very many people know that the Upper Peninsula is actually part of MI, even people who live in lower MI. A lot of folks just think it's a portion of Canada, Minnesota, or Wisconsin. I grew up in Indiana and never knew about the U.P. till I moved up here (in 1994 when I was 13). It's really quite wild and beautiful, especially Lake Superior. The winters can be rather harsh, but the summers are fantastic, although not quite long enough.
On The Colbert Report he declared the upper peninsula part of Canada rather than admit it was missing on his Better Know a District map.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
When I lived up in Sudbury, I used to take Michigan between Sudbury and Windsor occaisionally. While I only saw a small portion, the interesting topography was astounding. I wish the UP was a part of Canada

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Except it's the best part of MI...but don't tell anyone. We want to keep it a secret.

Wow, just googled Daggett... are there really only 258 people in the whole town ???? Talk about first name basis with everyone living there. I think there are more people than that in my apt building.

It's my ambition to someday live somewhere like that, where it's quiet, no-one running around shouting and carrying on, and nights are so dark you can see stars you never realised were there... I have a friend who owns a house out in Phoenix, about 45 minutes west of downtown Phoenix and apart from when the guys and gals at Luke AFB go on a bit of a fly about, it's SO quiet. I love it. Then back to Queens with the shouting and hollering and police sirens...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow, just googled Daggett... are there really only 258 people in the whole town ???? Talk about first name basis with everyone living there. I think there are more people than that in my apt building.

It's my ambition to someday live somewhere like that, where it's quiet, no-one running around shouting and carrying on, and nights are so dark you can see stars you never realised were there... I have a friend who owns a house out in Phoenix, about 45 minutes west of downtown Phoenix and apart from when the guys and gals at Luke AFB go on a bit of a fly about, it's SO quiet. I love it. Then back to Queens with the shouting and hollering and police sirens...

That's exactly right about Daggett. What's even better is my house is a few miles out of town on a country road with barely any traffic. On an average day, you'll see maybe 10 different cars go by all day long. Plus I have a really long driveway, so I have a couple hundred feet of grass and trees between me and the road, and corn/hay fields on the sides, so there's several hundred feet of cushion between my nearest neighbor. There's nothing behind me except a giant field for as far as the eye can see, so my backyard is really quiet and private.

The sad part is, we recently rented an apartment in Appleton, WI since my wife is doing a hospital internship here. I'm currently having to deal with an upstairs neighbor who keeps pissing off his balcony every night....right in front of my office window, which I leave cracked to let some "fresh" air in....

So I'm definitely missing the peace and quiet of my U.P. home.....the good news is that I still own the place up there, and it's only a couple hours away, so I'm hoping to make it up there at least once a month, in order to maintain my sanity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts