Have you ever wondered....

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Why does Rudy want you to "stay away from the door"? Why doesn't he want you to "go down there"? Is it dangerous...is he trying to hide something...or what?

I guess I've never really thought too much about it...but I guess I can see why my wife thinks it's a bit creepy, heh....

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
That's where he hides the bodies. Obviously!

Optional: His own bodies continues below the playfield and he doesn't want any balls trashing around down there ;)

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
The whole Rudy thing is a bit creepy generally, but yeah, I think he's a close personal friend of Chucky and the 2 of them have been up to unpleasantries, the result of which is in the basement......... I still can't figure out what the heck he's talking about when he says "Go play on the stairs, Biff"

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
He wants tou to get hurt, but then whys he tell you "stop running around"? he wants you to go slow so he can see you "Im watching you" "heh heh heh"

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
The whole Rudy thing is a bit creepy generally, but yeah, I think he's a close personal friend of Chucky and the 2 of them have been up to unpleasantries, the result of which is in the basement......... I still can't figure out what the heck he's talking about when he says "Go play on the stairs, Biff"

thats just a notification that stairs (from the left plunger) are lit :)

(iirc, should go check it to make sure :eek:)

Jay

May 19, 2012
The game has many contradictions. Rudy initially tempts you with, "The door's open, Biff!" And if you make the trap door, he'll even say, "Great shot!" The only reason I can think of for why he suddenly turns against you is that he's bipolar. One thing I would change if I could re-do the game would be to have Rudy's attitude be based on how often you hit him. The more he gets whacked with the ball, the more angry he becomes. Seems like that could be algorithmically simple: the higher the bonus for hitting Rudy, the more he taunts you. But there would probably need to be more dialogue inserted to portray an incrementally angrier Rudy.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Now someone just needs to explain to me why he sometimes says "I'm not happy with you now!" and "I thought we were pals!" for no reason whatsoever. :( Well... if there's a reason then I couldn't figure it out so far. *g*

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Now someone just needs to explain to me why he sometimes says "I'm not happy with you now!" and "I thought we were pals!" for no reason whatsoever. :( Well... if there's a reason then I couldn't figure it out so far. *g*

I'm guessing it is because Rudy likes to be in the Funhouse. He's kinda like a pinnochio (sic) although the game refers to him as a dummy, a mechanical man and something else. But his character is more like a boy. He's fine with you during normal hours, but as soon as you hit 11:30-45 he gets real crass with you and does the "not happy with you", "we were pals", and also has different sayings for events such as "I'm not hungry." Its because Rudy knows you are in control of the clock and he doesn't like you advancing it but he has fun until he notices how late it is. Remember, he's a boy. He knows when it gets to that time, bedtime is soon and he doesn't want to go to bed.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
have you ever been in a relationship?....Im happy with you now? Hey were did you go? Come on in! You Big sausage! Im very dissapointed. Talk about manic! Oh boy oh boy.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The game has many contradictions. Rudy initially tempts you with, "The door's open, Biff!" And if you make the trap door, he'll even say, "Great shot!" The only reason I can think of for why he suddenly turns against you is that he's bipolar.
Behavior like that is consistent with what is known as a borderline personality disorder. It's given us a lot of great movie villains, like Glenn Close's character in Fatal Attraction (daddy, where's my bunny?), as well as real life characters such as Keith Moon and Jim Morrison.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
and when the midnight comes, he goes to sleep...

thats when you have the time to go to the basement/cellar/whatever-it-is-under-the-funhouse through the trapdoor... and he's really freaked out about that "youd don't know whats in there"... also the scream when you get the trapdoor jackpot is borderline distrubing ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts