Get Pro Pinball "Big Race USA" for FREE!!!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
...works flawlessly on my girlfriends aging laptop, no shenanigans like "run as administrator" necessary (Win 7 32 bit). Don´t forget to max all the graphics settings.

Only downside: The image gets stretched quite a bit. Any ideas how stop Windows from doing that?

I hate playing with the keyboard, though, I need to check if it has joypad support.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
No native support for joypads but there should always be a way to map keyboard keys to the pad. Nudging is digital either way.

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012
Only downside: The image gets stretched quite a bit. Any ideas how stop Windows from doing that?

I hate playing with the keyboard, though, I need to check if it has joypad support.

1. I have a 16:10 LCD screen and just told it in the menu of the monitor not to stretch the picture if it gets a 4:3 picture...

2. Just go to the options of BRUSA, change controls and press the buttons on your controller instead of keys on the keyboard...

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Time to check what the hubbub is about.

e: hrmm only 10% of goal reached, thats looking dire.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Time to check what the hubbub is about.

e: hrmm only 10% of goal reached, thats looking dire.

I was quite disappointed myself after all the hype about best simulation ever. I think there's a lot of rose tinted nostalgia going on here. Certainly not a patch on TPA.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
BRUSA is ancient, and is a wonderful sim in it's own right.

The nudging is digital but I'm pretty sure the longer you hold the nudge keys the harder you nudge.

Count me in for a 2$ pledge, if I can afford more I will add to it, but things are tight right now

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Cute, it even has a little bubble level in the plunger area!

Only played for an hour so far, ball handling feels satisfying, tons of things to shoot for, that little back alley shop cracked me up. The magnet that slings the ball into the cop car scoop is very cool, and it has aged really well graphically.

Too bad my girlfriend doesn't enjoy me snatching her laptop, I need to check VirtualBox or something similar out (my harddrive is too full to even consider installing bootcamp).

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just played a game. Never touched this before, so new to me. One thing stood out that made me smile. Actually had a ball jump up from a flipper hit and smack the glass, sound and all!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
if you want to play more of the old tables or you are having difficulty making those old games work, check out good old games gog.com, where you can puchase old school pc games that are setup to easily run on your computer today. It's a fully legit site no pirating just actual licenced to sell old school games. I bought Under a killing moon which was a 4 cd point and click adventure from the days of myst, they had it setup for me with virtual drives for all the discs so no disc swapping nessasary and it ran off dos box, but all i had to do was click the exe and it ran with ease. Great site if you are into those old games and running them without going crazy trying to figure out how. and yeah they have all the pro-pinball tables for sale right now.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I was quite disappointed myself after all the hype about best simulation ever. I think there's a lot of rose tinted nostalgia going on here. Certainly not a patch on TPA.
Well, it's a game that's more than 10 years old after all. However I do think it holds up very well. I just played for the first time in my life... and I liked it a lot. The shots are fun, the attention to detail is amazing, there are lots of things to go for and the physics really aren't too shabby (In fact, I think they make a lot more sense than the Zen ones).

I already planned to back this project before they put out this "demo", but I still got to wait a week before I can do that. Payday has to arrive first.

That they only collected 10% so far is a little worrying indeed. 400.000$ IS a pretty huge sum and asks for a lot of donators. I'm not even sure if the pinball community is big enough to lift that number. Hope they can make it.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
you don't need to wait for payday. the money will be collected when the kickstarter has finished successfully, not before that...

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
1. I have a 16:10 LCD screen and just told it in the menu of the monitor not to stretch the picture if it gets a 4:3 picture...

2. Just go to the options of BRUSA, change controls and press the buttons on your controller instead of keys on the keyboard...

Thanks! I will try that later :)

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Maybe a stupid question but what does "nudge scrolling" in the options do?
P.S. Great game! Flipper/ball physics are really good!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe a stupid question but what does "nudge scrolling" in the options do?
P.S. Great game! Flipper/ball physics are really good!

For purposes of low powered computers, they give you the option of whether you want to see the table actually move or not when nudging.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.