Previous Williams/Gottlieb licenses?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Given that Farsight did both PHOF: Gottlieb and PHOF: Williams Collection, is it safe to say that they own all the licenses to those tables and these are the most likely tables that will be re-released?

Also, second (sort of) question: I remember a while back reading that Haunted House was out of the question because it was licensed by Microsoft for their Pinball Arcade, which is why it wasn't in the Gottlieb collection. Does anyone think that Farsight had their hands tied when it came to licensing tables (without external film licenses) because some tables were already tied down to some ridiculously long contracts?

It seemed strange that none of the tables on Microsoft's Pinball Arcade were on the Gottlieb collection, given that they presumably had the rights to pick whatever tables they wanted.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Given that Farsight did both PHOF: Gottlieb and PHOF: Williams Collection, is it safe to say that they own all the licenses to those tables and these are the most likely tables that will be re-released?

Also, second (sort of) question: I remember a while back reading that Haunted House was out of the question because it was licensed by Microsoft for their Pinball Arcade, which is why it wasn't in the Gottlieb collection. Does anyone think that Farsight had their hands tied when it came to licensing tables (without external film licenses) because some tables were already tied down to some ridiculously long contracts?

It seemed strange that none of the tables on Microsoft's Pinball Arcade were on the Gottlieb collection, given that they presumably had the rights to pick whatever tables they wanted.
First question - Yes, they own all the licenses, and close to half of the Williams Collection has already been released. They have announced they will do the rest of the collection, except for a few less-popular tables, such as Jive Time and maybe Sorcerer. As for Gottlieb, they've announced Big Shot, Strikes N' Spares, Victory, and they were working on emulating the hardware that ran Teed Off at one point (not sure the current status on that). They will likely announce more from this collection, with Genie, Central Park and/or El Dorado the most likely candidates.

Second question - If FS has had any limitations placed on them for recreating any non-outside licensed tables within the companies they contracted with, it's the first I heard of it. As for HH, I imagine they have not done it because of the difficulty (perhaps impossibility) of emulating early Gottlieb hardware. Or, it could be they are planning on releasing it eventually, but have given other tables priority over it. Whatever the case, I do not think it's a licensing issue.

Members online

Members online