Elvira and the Party Monsters Preview Video

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Good find! That's a great vid, seeing each table one after another, it seems to go on forever. I guess if this is on YouTube they must announce EATPM as the 2nd table very soon, tempted to post this on Facebook but don't want to spoil FS's announcement.

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Hope the new Xbox DLCs are coming soon! Seems to be their flagship platform, shame it suffers from certification delays... I'm sure they've probably ironed out the certification process though after the last few. I used to do TRC QA testing (on the original Xbox) and the stupidest things can cause them to reject you.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just figured out that this is PC footage since it is for Steam Greenlight.

I have my doubts its from the pc version. I would be very surprised if they have ALL the table packs ready to go at pc launch, I could be wrong though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have my doubts its from the pc version. I would be very surprised if they have ALL the table packs ready to go at pc launch, I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I doubt this is PC footage, but maybe...

The nice thing about the PC version is there won't be any submission/approval delays, so it just depends on how fast Farsight can have them ready.

Last edited:

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, I doubt this is PC footage, but maybe...

Brings up a good question... where does FarSight "build" the tables? I'd guess on a PC (or maybe Mac)? They have to code and compile all this stuff somewhere, where I assume it then gets "converted" to a platform. I'm not heavy on the software side of things so if anyone can explain how this works, please do.

Point being, if these tables are all "born" on a PC, then the PC tables should be the easiest ones to release. But I could be wrong on how that process works.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Elvira has the Taxi HUD going on for some reason :p

Table looks great though.

Placeholder art (made by myself). It'll get replaced by the art staff before we ship.

Brings up a good question... where does FarSight "build" the tables? I'd guess on a PC (or maybe Mac)? They have to code and compile all this stuff somewhere, where I assume it then gets "converted" to a platform. I'm not heavy on the software side of things so if anyone can explain how this works, please do.

Point being, if these tables are all "born" on a PC, then the PC tables should be the easiest ones to release. But I could be wrong on how that process works.

Currently we use the Xbox360 to assemble the tables. Then it gets converted to other platforms. Going from Xbox to PC takes very little time, since the source assets are essentially the same. Going from console to phones takes more work cause they need to use lower res assets on some of the devices.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
mike, can i ask something?

since xbox360 and pc versions are so similar, and pc version is bound to get portarit mode, is it safe to assume that xbox360/ps3 version will get the portrait mode also?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Also mike while your on the line can you confirm wether the latest video is actually pc or 360/ps3?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Is the UI etc laid out in a vertical format though?

I can't see them being keen on it because the guide etc will all be wrong.

I know to you and me that doesn't matter but they care about how it's perceived.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
the guide stays in the same horizontal position and orientation, it's the program (tpa) that outputs its own +90/-90 one ;)

as i said, all vertical shootemups on xbox360 have this option (and i use it), so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get it done according to m$ regulations...

unless m$ allows only shooters in portrait, not pinball games !?! :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've never done portrait on an Xbox 360 title, so I'm not sure how hard it would be. To do portrait I need to tell the engine to render that way (need to add engine support), then we need to create portrait versions of the screens, so all the UI is positioned properly. Then for Xbox we need to handle the guide.

As for the video, I'm not sure which platform they recorded it on. The Xbox 360 and PC look similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.