Farsight, any plans for iPhone 5?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I ordered my iPhone 5 today ( I know, I was thinking of defecting but couldn't do it ) and I'm wondering wether Farsight have any plans to use the extra pixels or horsepower? I play in portrait and don't think just altering the view will do it, I've tried playing portrait on an S3 and the aspect ratio meant losing the view of the outlines. How about adding buttons at the bottom of the screen? I'm thinking 4 buttons, 2 outer ones for flippers and 2 inner ones for nudging. You could easily nudge and flip at the same time then by rolling your thumb across 2 buttons at once.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I play on a Galaxy Nexus (Same shape/resolution screen as an SIII) and I can see the outlanes just fine. Camera angle 3, view locked to prevent zooming.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I like a low angle scrolling myself, hence the outlanes are not visible ( but they are on the current iPhone )

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
I see what you mean. On camera angle 4 I lose the out lanes (and half the table) in portrait. Works fine on 1 though which isn't too awful much taller.
camtest.png

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I'm going to wait to see what HTC has in store this week for their next flagship device before I upgrade to a new phone. S3, RazR HD, iPhone 5, or HTC. Tough choice for different reasons for me. None of them are perfect. I'm sure all will play this game well though.

I know I didn't really get on your subject but you got me thinking.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
I see what you mean. On camera angle 4 I lose the out lanes (and half the table) in portrait. Works fine on 1 though which isn't too awful much taller.
camtest.png

wow, i really liek this view... it would be awesome if other platforms would get it too -> consoles and pc :cool:

pretty please with sugar on top farsight :eek:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Now I'm sure a few of you have iphone 5's by now ( mine is coming monday ) how best do you think FS can use the extra space. Personally for portrait view I don't think having a longer view of the table will help and I'd like to see buttons placed in the extra space below the table ( 2 flippers and 2 nudge buttons between them ). Maybe the same could be done in landscape, centralise the current view and add the buttons up the sides?

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Now I'm sure a few of you have iphone 5's by now ( mine is coming monday ) how best do you think FS can use the extra space. Personally for portrait view I don't think having a longer view of the table will help and I'd like to see buttons placed in the extra space below the table ( 2 flippers and 2 nudge buttons between them ). Maybe the same could be done in landscape, centralise the current view and add the buttons up the sides?

In my opinion I agree with you. That would be the better option on a widescreen device is to have the buttons in a "blank" area under the table, although they would need 3 nudge buttons. Left center and right, and they could put the magnasave buttons there too. Although on my device that would cause a bunch of accidental mashing of home or back since the Galaxy Nexus has on screen keys for those (buttonless front design)

Draftcard

May 10, 2012

personally i would love buttons for flippers and nudge.
in my opinion touch controls make me cover up the game with my giant thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts