Possible to move/copy "wizard goal" status to another android device?

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I've been playing the heck out of Pinball Arcade on my Galaxy Nexus phone. Considering a Nexus 7" tablet. I know that I can download the game and all of my tables on the new device (as long as I'm logged in with the correct account), but is it possible to move over my status on wizard goals?

Is there a data file that can be copied?

Thank you!
Eckless

N

Nik Barbour

TABLE DATA = /MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

SAVE DATA = /DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/

browse to the save data location on the old device, and copy the file 'saved_data', then move this to the same path on the new device.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

The nexus 7 is a very nice device, got a play with one last week, and would absolutely love one. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
love my nexus 7. We have been playing with the idea of putting the save file in external as well but design decisions have prevented us thus far. However if you are rooted you can indeed do what Nik said.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I was eventually able to get it work by trying a bunch of things with file permissions...would anybody know the exact strategy I should be using here?

I copied the file off my Galaxy Nexus...put it in my Dropbox...downloaded it from my Dropbox to my Nexus 7. Went into Solid Explorer and copied the file into /data/data/com.farsight.androidpinball.javaproject/files, overwriting the saved_data file that was there.

It wouldn't work until I did a bunch of random stuff involving force closing the program, clearing the cache, and changing the permissions on the saved_data file so everybody (and I mean everybody) can read and write it.

So, again it worked...can anybody clarify what exactly I should be doing so I can do it with fewer steps in the future, say when I want to move my saved_data back to my Galaxy Nexus?

Thank you! (and, by the way, loving the game on Nexus 7...you can read all of the labels on the playfield...it's awesome!!!)
Eckless

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
use Titanium Backup (must be rooted) to back up app + data then move it to the other device. I've done this to move my save files from my Galaxy Nexus to a friend's Galaxy Tablet 10.1 just to test things out. Still have to fix permissions but it'll save you a few steps.

N

Nik Barbour

I've never had to change this files permission when moving it, or needed to clear caches.
I've always made sure the app is fully closed, before making any changes, and had no problems.

Maybe it's something to do with Dropbox, could have changed a permission, I don't use that. I just use a usb cable and a laptop.

Glad to hear you got it working though!

K

Korven

I'm getting a Nexus 7 next week, is it possible to move data without being rooted?

N

Nik Barbour

I'm getting a Nexus 7 next week, is it possible to move data without being rooted?

I don't know, never tried on a stock device. Easiest test is plug each device (old one first) into a pc via usb and see if you can browse to the folder location shown in post #3 of this thread. If so, copy the files across from original device to new.
If anyone has done this stock - post up.
Enjoy your nexus 7. Noticed they have chipped £30 off the 16gig. It's £160ish now. Happy pinballing!

Edit - make sure 'usb debugging' option is switched on, on both devices before plugging into pc.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online