PS3 Version 2.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know if Farsight has submitted this yet?
All I've been hearing about is Steam and Elvira, meanwhile PS3 owners are stuck
having to drop our settings down to 720p every time we want to play a game of TPA.

Not to mention bugs that haven't been addressed yet; MM's huge flipper gap, BH's gates keep closing on us, Gorgar is acting very shy, and Frankenstien keeps illegally bashing himself.

Between the Kickstarters and buying different versions and all the DLC I'm in over $100 on this.
I hate to complain, but an update would be nice.

I want to continue buying all of the tables and enjoy seeing them announce new supported platforms and Kickstarters, but they should get the old working properly before moving on to new.

I know some people think these bugs aren't a big deal, but the devil's in the details. I got a friend of mine to buy TPA and his first impression was that it was terrible. I tried explaining that 2.01 was a buggy release and that he needs to set his monitor to 720p to play without slowdown. He actually got a refund and bought Zen2 instead. I personally hated to see them lose even a single sale because of the bugs like this.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
having to drop our settings down to 720p every time we want to play a game of TPA.

Not to mention bugs that haven't been addressed yet; MM's huge flipper gap, BH's gates keep closing on us, Gorgar is acting very shy, and Frankenstien keeps illegally bashing himself.

Between the Kickstarters and buying different versions and all the DLC I'm in over $100 on this.

I want to continue buying all of the tables and enjoy seeing them announce new supported platforms and Kickstarters, but they should get the old working properly before moving on to new.

I know some people think these bugs aren't a big deal, but the devil's in the details. I got a friend of mine to buy TPA and his first impression was that it was terrible. I tried explaining that 2.01 was a buggy release and that he needs to set his monitor to 720p to play without slowdown. He actually got a refund and bought Zen2 instead. I personally hated to see them lose even a single sale because of the bugs like this.

A week ago they said a week so I'm guessing no later than september 23

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012

I agree 100% All this talk about PC and Elvira, but no mention of the bug riddled PS3 except that a patch has been submitted. If this patch doesn't fix the major issues I'll prob switch to Zen myself. 3 **** updates in a row would be unacceptable. Every time I play TPA now I get weird **** happening. Game freezes after a round ends ..... weird long pointless pauses, having to play in 720p and not being able to see or read anything on the playfield. I love this game, but when I pay for something I expect it to work ...... simple.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
A week ago they said a week so I'm guessing no later than september 23

Actually , they. said he would submit a patch by Monday Sept. 10th at earliest , submitting a patch does not equal getting it live and distributed .

Outside of problems with screen resoloution , I feel that the 2.02 patch was very close to appeasing the masses , the BlackHole gates worked , the ball lag was fixed , and the tables were lighted better so you could see the playfields . If I had one gripe , they made Monster Bash tougher , ball cant be flung around as easily , but you guys seemed to think it was too bouncy, while I felt that was a good thing.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
black hole gate is like gorgars voive it works then it doesnt...its not fixed. MB is it me or does it look foggy?
We should get 2.03 within next 2 weeks hopefully next week or else with DLC#4

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
My guess is it will release with DLC#4 , just makes more sense as they normally roll patch fixes with the new tables .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
My guess is it will release with DLC#4 , just makes more sense as they normally roll patch fixes with the new tables .

Yeah, it's cheaper for them to bundle it up, but at this point they should be trying to get it fixed and out to everyone before new players are turned off completely.

Either way they should be giving us some updates. Even if it's something like.."We are having trouble getting the bugs in 2.03 ironed out, but we are working on it and should
have it ready by xx/xx/xx".

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Yeah, it's cheaper for them to bundle it up, but at this point they should be trying to get it fixed and out to everyone before new players are turned off completely.

Either way they should be giving us some updates. Even if it's something like.."We are having trouble getting the bugs in 2.03 ironed out, but we are working on it and should
have it ready by xx/xx/xx".

You should apply for a job at farsight. I'm sure they'll love your ideas.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
This Sept 23 date lands on a Sunday so if I had to guess I would say Sept 25 when the next DLC is scheduled to come out. I'm not playing it right now until the patch because I refuse to drop my settings down.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
This Sept 23 date lands on a Sunday so if I had to guess I would say Sept 25 when the next DLC is scheduled to come out. I'm not playing it right now until the patch because I refuse to drop my settings down.

Sony updates PSN every Tuesday. I suppose they could add it tomorrow,
but since we haven't heard anything yet its doubtful.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
spoonman said:

You only have to drop your setting, if want you want to play TOM or RIBON. Rest seems to work fine in 1080p.

Urbanshenkie said:
Lol EU have to wait to deal with this crap also in 2 or 3 months....

Sarcasm? This Update wont be released again.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
You only have to drop your setting, if want you want to play TOM or RIBON.

Yeah, but it's a hassle and kind of silly when you think about it.

The Monster Bash bug should have never been released on the PS3.
It was know about weeks prior to it's release and should have been pulled,
but I assume Farsight figured they would sell the DLC and worry about the bugs later on.

MB is pretty useless in its current state. If you think about it, it's pointless to play it other than to just to demo the table. Any high score you try for wil be rendered absolutely useless as soon as they erase all of them. Whenever that may happen.

I love this game just as much as the next pinball fan, but it's time to stop sucking up to Farsight.
If you want to see them succeed it's time for some tough love!

It's sad that The Pinball Arcade was less buggy 6 months ago than it is today.

I think they should have either outsourced all of the many ports or cut some out altogether.
They are wasting time working on the Ouja (or whatever it's called), Kindle Fire, Mac, PC, Wi-U, iOS, 3Das, Vita.

I don't know if they are trying to beat Doom's record for being ported to as many platforms as possible or what, but it's clearly cutting into their QA time.

Farsight, I love the game, but you need to work out the game breaking bugs before the game is released.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'm still a Pinball Arcade fan, but please can someone poke me with a stick when we have version 2.03 again. I'll be playing Elvira And The Party Monsters on Visual Pinball.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm still a Pinball Arcade fan, but please can someone poke me with a stick when we have version 2.03 again. I'll be playing Elvira And The Party Monsters on Visual Pinball.

We've never had a version 2.03 before so we can't have it again! :D

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I'm a fan of the game but I'm not buying a table pack to get a patch to fix the game I already bought. I'll be waiting to hear that the games fixed before spending any more money on it.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'm a fan of the game but I'm not buying a table pack to get a patch to fix the game I already bought. I'll be waiting to hear that the games fixed before spending any more money on it.
Huh? Who told you, you'd have to spend money to get fixes for tables you already bought???

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The patches are distributed at the same time as new tables Ruz, they are free , but the reason they come out usually when new tables come out, is that FarSight finds it easier to add all the new files in one big patch , it's easier to track the bugs and less confusing for them. Your patch is free , but it comes out with the additional files to add new tables , if you buy those.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
MB is pretty useless in its current state. If you think about it, it's pointless to play it other than to just to demo the table. Any high score you try for wil be rendered absolutely useless as soon as they erase all of them. Whenever that may happen.

Why does that make it useless? I don't know how old you are, so maybe you never experienced this. Back in my day (oh here we go!), arcades shut down all the machines each night. Power those bad boys up in the morning, and all high scores were wiped. You know what we did? We rushed to get our high score up there early again! That was part of the fun.

As far as I'm concerned, FarSight should just wipe the scores on a regular basis. This would help keep people interested in tables that have been out a while. Your local high score stays on your device (or at least it does on the consoles), but for public bragging rights I think it'd be fun to reestablish every month or so.

Like I said, hard to say not knowing you what your experiences are with actual arcades (not these damned redemption game centers they call 'arcades'), but mine is from the 80's and 90's, and that's what we dealt with. Bragging rights for one whole day. Well, some games had a separate memory, but that did no good when they shipped the machine away and you had to wait for another one to come back. As you play now, if you beat BFTK in MM, do you never touch MM again? Or once you beat all the wizard goals, is that it for the table as far as you're concerned? I get your frustration, just not the broad sweeping generalization that a game like MB is 'useless' because of an available bug exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts