Monter Bash outlanes are a real monster of a *****!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I can't seem to gt very far on this table without losing the balls down the outlanes repeatedly.
Is it this hard on all the versions or more so on the PS3 table?
It's really unforgiving!!

I try to nudge, but it almost seems to guaranteed a drain when blind nudging on very return.

Also, is Lyman's Lament, when activated by code supposed to unlock the Wizard goal, because it isn't for me.

I hope whatver physics they have to change to prevent the Bash bug makes the outlanes a bit easier.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
IMO, the PS3 version of MB is fairly close to the real table. The outlanes on a real MB are killer. Any side to side action, you nudge. Any slingshot action, you nudge. Keep that ball away from the outlanes. It takes finesse and practice but is workable. When I play a MB in real life I can have a great game or a crappy one. Usually not much in the middle. The PS3 version recreates that experience very well.

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
IMO, the PS3 version of MB is fairly close to the real table. The outlanes on a real MB are killer. Any side to side action, you nudge. Any slingshot action, you nudge. Keep that ball away from the outlanes. It takes finesse and practice but is workable. When I play a MB in real life I can have a great game or a crappy one. Usually not much in the middle. The PS3 version recreates that experience very well.
I totally agree with this (although I'm not playing the PS3 version). I compared TPA lots of times with a real MB table (I'm lucky to have one standing in a bar around the corner). I can only say; MB on TPA comes very close to the original table.
Unfortunately nudging on iOS is a lot harder than on PS3...

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The problem I always have is getting tempted by Frankenstein or Dracula and knocking it right into the center drain. They're dangerous, no doubt about it.

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
The problem I always have is getting tempted by Frankenstein or Dracula and knocking it right into the center drain. They're dangerous, no doubt about it.
Very dangerous, they're real drain monsters! ;)
It is better to avoid going for Frank and Drac directly, only when ball saver is on or during a multiball.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Shots from the left flipper to the Frankenstein bumpers and Dracula often seem to go at top speed towards the right outlane. You can sometimes stop them with a HARD nudge to the left. Slingshot balls going from side to side are really dangerous too. Any time you see the ball traveling in an arc towards either outlane, it's table-bashing time. Nudge with extreme prejudice and get that ball back towards the center of the lower playfield so you can get it back under control.

MB is definitely a table where you never want the ball to get moving too fast and be out of your control - catches will save you a lot of drains and swearing/controller bashing/broken TVs etc.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Also, is Lyman's Lament, when activated by code supposed to unlock the Wizard goal, because it isn't for me.

I don't think it is. It didn't give me the wizard goal when I activated it by code but it did when I did it legit. I found that it was easy to make repeated shots into that hole by keeping both flippers held up when it spits the ball out. Like 99% of the time the ball will bounce off the left flipper roll across to the right flipper and come to rest (kind of like a post pass). Then its a pretty easy shot straight up to the hole from the right flipper. Rinse and repeat 40+ more times and you're set.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
This table is hard like a lo of tables. You guys are right Frank and Drac are real drain monsters...and the outlanes are terrible! You know what has killer outlanes? STTNG....real bad!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.