Dream Pinball 3D now on Steam

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Not that I hate this pinball title, but Steam, SHAME ON YOU!!! You reject Pinball Arcade and accept this game instead? You don't know who you're messing with. GET EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS Steam AND VOTE ON THIS PINBALL GAME!!!!!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Holy crap, wow, that looks bad. Granted, I've never played it, but the screenshots don't exactly make me want to. Is there another process to getting on Steam besides greenlight? I imagine larger companies just pay a boatload of cash to get on there. Of course Activision and EA aren't going through greenlight. Is the cost to get on Steam any more prohibitive that the fees for XBL/PSN certification? I'm just sad that a professional quality product like TPA is begging to be on steam, when (likely) inferior stuff like this shows up in it's place. Who knows? Maybe it's a good game... but am I alone in feeling like Farsight's products are professional enough quality to skip the greenlight process? I know they don't have the money that a major publisher does but they definitely have the reputation and pedigree to not be considered at the same level with some of the indies/homebrew projects out there.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've played Dream Pinball on the Wii at a friend's house; to me, it doesn't seem bad. It's ok, but floaty physics and repeatable tasks make the game seem boring. I think it's best to skip this overall. I've contacted Farsight about the situation we're currently in.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Valve / Steam :"oh they want a pinball game ?" * Tosses out the Dream Pinball game * ," look the sales are really bad , no one likes pinball just like we thought."

One must assume they are testing the market by avoiding the Pinball Arcade , this is a ***** move on Gabe Newell's part , but after hearing about his crusade against Windows 8 , and some other questionable decisions he's been making , Im not suprised.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've had enough of their source. Someone get one of the Farsight crew members; we're getting Pinball Arcade on Steam NOW. No Greenlight, no submission process, instant buy. THEN we will show them that THERE IS a market for pinball.

To me, this is just a stab right in the back for Farsight, just like a spy would do in Team Fortress 2.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Did they not tell Farsight and Silverball that the reason for not accepting it on Steam was that pinball games did not sell enough? Ok, They have 2 mediocre pinball games on their site so no wonder pinball games do not sell. Hey let's bring on another not so good pinball game just to show Farsight and Silverball we care about pinball. Is there some big company behind dream pinball that sponsored them perhaps?? Either that or Steam is completely brain damaged. Man, I wish I could soak them in oil and feathers and make them swallow a bunch of pinballs. Talk about stupidity. It's the same story with Adventure games. (feel much better now getting that off my chest)

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Did they not tell Farsight and Silverball that the reason for not accepting it on Steam was that pinball games did not sell enough? Ok, They have 2 mediocre pinball games on their site so no wonder pinball games do not sell.
Oh, I like that Worms pinball alright enough, but thanks to a bug Slamit Pinball is broken in a way that you can't even start the game!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Confused, metacritic refers to 2006 yet this one has only just been released?

Edit: It IS the exact same 2006 game yet Steam shows 2012 as release date, naughty.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Seriously, Valve? You let an also-ran 2006 game in, but not TPA?

4hfgcz.jpg

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Confused, metacritic refers to 2006 yet this one has only just been released?

Edit: It IS the exact same 2006 game yet Steam shows 2012 as release date, naughty.

It was published for distribution in Sept. 2012 on Steam , that's all they mean

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Ok, I can't stand the wait anymore. Farsight, DO SOMETHING!!!

EDIT: Alright, my rage has worn out, but still frustrating to hear. Either they release it to enrage all of us, including Farsight, or I'm thinking that Valve is experiencing a change of heart. I do not have a need for Dream Pinball not because I don't like pinball (and many of you would probably agree with me), but because the game itself bores me after playing on one table for a while. And although the graphics are nice, the physics are bad when compared to Pinball Arcade and Pro Pinball. So Dream Pinball is kind of a neutral release because it is pinball, but overall a worse game than Pinball Arcade.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
3 months after DP3D released; apparently Valve is still being chicken about the situation. I've been stabbed TWICE in the back now (one from them and one from Jagex). Still angry at Valve for making this decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.