http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/p3/index.html
'Pinball 2000+' anyone ? :)

PS. TPA note:
TM:BOP with DMD anyone?!?!
829be786.jpg

Last edited:

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure about that, doesn't quite grab me, too much of a hybrid. My thoughts are I'd sooner play pinball either on a real machine or a full LCD emulated cabinet.

Bit unsure about posting and only my thoughts, not chiseled in stone.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I did say 'could'.....
The pics/vids look a little sterile-whitewoodish even.
But I'm sure a great design/art team could work wonders if unleashed on it....

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
I did say 'could'.....
The pics/vids look a little sterile-whitewoodish even.
But I'm sure a great design/art team could work wonders if unleashed on it....

Yep, realise the sterile basic design with no artwork doesn't do it justice. Still unsure, really on the fence on this........I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns a real machine OR full cab LCD on their thoughts.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
We will see when there is a full themed version of it. Looking at this blank canvas prototype doesn't inspire much hope in me. I think I would rather play a normal SS pinball, but we will see what people can do with this p3.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
it looks like pinball2000?
Pinball 2000 used a video overlay near the back of the playfield, which didn't truly interact with the ball. The ball had to strike physical targets to interact with the display. This P3 has definite potential, and could be the next leap forward in pinball.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks. I shouldve searched first. I thought the part about the table having multiple rule sets for 1 configuration interesting aswell as removable interchangable top playfields.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No problem.....yes, it's definitely interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Pinball 2000 used a video overlay near the back of the playfield, which didn't truly interact with the ball. The ball had to strike physical targets to interact with the display. This P3 has definite potential, and could be the next leap forward in pinball.

oh i know what pinball 2000 is like, i played both of them (ep1 and revenge) ;)

still didn't like them at all...

to me, adding a digital screen to a pinball playfield (pinball being very 'mechanical' at its core) feels like adding a sampler/turntable to a 4 piece rock'n'roll band -> tacked on

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It could be used to border the table like NFL stdium LED displayes showing fire or lightning STROBING also you can have multiple mine screens on seperate playfields, this is the NEXT STEP if you want to attract NEX GEN pin-heads they too need an EVOLUTION of thier own so they can have NASTALGIA memories of a time/ERA past. GOD OF WAR table anyone? No ball on the table mini games with multiple buttons and...an arcade stick!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
haha, besides that :D

even though i think the actual playfield is not that shorter than 'regular' machines, it kinda felt like playing a midget pinball or sth :eek:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
If someone ever makes a video display that you can easily cut into irregular shapes and drill holes through, it'll help a lot with this kind of thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.