Difference between Ipad2 and Ipad3 when playing TPA

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I'm getting a free iPad2 for taking part in a SAP database course. Since I've only played TPA on iPad3 I was hoping to hear what the differences are. Is it just the screen resolution? etc.

Thanks in advance!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Yes iPad 3 has a higher screen resolution and a better CPU chip.

iPad 3
2048-by-1536-pixel resolution
A5X CPU

iPad 2
1024-by-768-pixel resolution
A5 CPU

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Not sure, never tried it on the iPad3 so I have nothing to compare it to... but it runs smooth on my iPad2.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
The pad 2 and 3 actually use the same cpu the a5x means they added two extra gpu cores only.

Since im pretty sure the emulation is cpu bound except for some graphical clairty and alitte extra glitter both versions should play almost identically.

In short ipad 3 is an ipad 2 with a nicer screen.

So enjoy the free ipad:p

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Wow. The difference is certainly in the brightness and color. Oh well, free is free.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Here's another question. If I have the two iPads, can I share any apps under the same active apple id or do I have to repurchase everything?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Here's another question. If I have the two iPads, can I share any apps under the same active apple id or do I have to repurchase everything?

I share my account between two and have had no real issues, itunes dorsnt seem. To like it overly but itllbdo what its told lol

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
TPA is very enjoyable on an iPad 2. Having said that, the higher resolution on the "3" is much better. Many of the tables' finer details are sort of vague on the 2, but are very clear on the 3. In terms of gameplay and speed, not much difference between the two. I have both iPads and the ONLY reason I continue to play on the 2 is because I haven't had a chance to move my high scores over.

polovi

Sep 21, 2012
TPA is very enjoyable on an iPad 2. Having said that, the higher resolution on the "3" is much better. Many of the tables' finer details are sort of vague on the 2, but are very clear on the 3. In terms of gameplay and speed, not much difference between the two. I have both iPads and the ONLY reason I continue to play on the 2 is because I haven't had a chance to move my high scores over.

Yes, it is enjoyable on ipad 2 only if you don't update to ios6 (see the specific thread on this issue0. My wife bought an ipad 3 today! Can't wait to see the difference on the higher resolution. It won't be my ipad though, so i'm still waiting for a fix to the lag issue with ipad and ios 6. Fronzman, is your ipad 3 running ios6?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.