I hope Pinball Arcade goes 3D.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
I love Pinball Arcade, but the 3D on Zen Pinball adds depth that really makes these Pinball arcades pop. I am thinking on ios it might not work, but on PS3 it is a must to compete. To be honest, even though I like Pinball Arcade better I find myself playing Zen more on the PS3 because of 3D. Pinball should not be flat it needs depth and 3D makes this happen. Call it a gimmick call it what you will, but it works. If they added Zen's 3D with Pro Pinball lighting to Pinball Arcades awesome tables then we would have an unstoppable monster. The very thought of it makes me think I should hide my wallet because I could not spend my money fast enough. * can not wait for the new tables though and just in time for Halloween!*

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah i think zen tables suck in general but im actually having pretty fun playing them in 3d. 3d for tpa would be awesome.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Absolutely not! 3D is a pointless fad and I hope it dies. All 3D will do is make farsight concentrate on 3D instead of the actual product. Much like the horrible movies they make these days in 3D. All 3D does is cover up horrible movies ...... it's just not needed. This game has enough bugs already. We don't need more bugs in 3D. If you are playing Zen more because of 3D ..... WOW, just wow.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Absolutely not! 3D is a pointless fad and I hope it dies. All 3D will do is make farsight concentrate on 3D instead of the actual product. Much like the horrible movies they make these days in 3D. All 3D does is cover up horrible movies ...... it's just not needed. This game has enough bugs already. We don't need more bugs in 3D. If you are playing Zen more because of 3D ..... WOW, just wow.

I agree with most of this, but I am a fan of Zen Pinball as well. Have no intention of buying a 3D TV though.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
I agree with most of this, but I am a fan of Zen Pinball as well. Have no intention of buying a 3D TV though.

I'm also a fan of Zen. I'm not trying to take away from Zen because it is a good game, but I would never choose it over TPA due to 3D effects.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Have you even tried playing zen in 3d? It almost becomes a whole different game, the depth helps alot with the aiming.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
All 3D is is a graphical setting, there is no reason to spend any more than the bare minimum on it. I'm indifferent because it's not a product seller, and not a lot of people have 3DTV's. I suppose I could play on the downstairs 3DTV but the gimmick will probably wear after a couple of rounds.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone who says 3D is 'useless' or a 'gimmick' have never played in 3D. There are some genres that actually benefit more from the use of 3D than others. Racing games in particular look great with it. Zen in 3D (on the 3DS), really helps see the back of the table more, making it easier to see (and aim) your shots. I am not choosey with pinball and have no problems playing it in normal 2D, but 3D is better. Movies in 3D are relatively useless but games in 3D adds that extra sense of depth and immersion that makes you feel like you're actually there.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Since the table's completely rendered using a 3D game engine, adding 3D capability shouldn't be any bigger a task than it is for a shooter or a racing game, though it obviously would involve some work and testing. A pre-rendered table like in Pro Pinball might be a different story.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I don't own Zen, is it able to display 60 frames per second in 3D mode?

3D would be amazing for PBA. However, if the trade off is significantly lower resolution, or 30 frames per second gameplay, then it's not worth implementing.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I find most people that claim 3D to be a fad or useless have either never tried it, or
only have experience with the older anaglyph style 3D.

True stereoscopic (active shutter lens) 3D on a nice display under the right conditions can be a great experience.

I would also love to see how great TPA would display in 3D and it's not as if Farsight is against the idea either.
They've already made a 3D collection of pinball tables and they looked pretty awesome by the way, albeit a little too small in size to be truly appreciated.

I'm not a huge fan of watching an entire movie in 3D, but games are a different story.
The 3D effect on Zen pinball greatly enhances the tables and adds another layer of realism to them.

HD isn't neccessary for playing a game either, but I sure like it :)

3D hurting a game's frame rate or a developer having to dumb down the game in any way to accommodate 3D is a total farce as well. Uncharted 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse look amazing in both 2D and 3D.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.