Bug Mac Version 1.0.4 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.0.4 bugs and feedback here!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Not much I can say at this point. App Store notifies me that there's an update of Pinball Arcade available, but it tells me the update is already installed. (It's not.)

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Not much I can say at this point. App Store notifies me that there's an update of Pinball Arcade available, but it tells me the update is already installed. (It's not.)

Same problem for me, just delete the app and then the Appstore will let you download the new v1.04. (Happened occasionally with Final Cut Pro X)

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012

Exact same problem on two different Macs. I uninstalled Pinball Arcade from the Launchpad on one of them. Then I was able to reinstall it from the Store. As expected it blew away my scores.

Which leads me to the question: does anyone test the Mac version at Farsight?

Jay

May 19, 2012
I did the same; deleted and re-installed. I had my hopes that Black Knight would be tweaked, but it's still the same. There's now a slight delay using the space bar for the plunger. The plunger used to pull back (slowly) right when the space bar was tapped; now there's an odd delay of about a second or two.

I also think their warning is strange, that only newer Macs should upgrade to the new version. Who do Farsight think they are? Apple?

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
No changelog, no graphics improvements and no developer communication in the Mac forum section = not buying DLC, yet again.

MF_

May 23, 2012

Same problem here.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Had to uninstall and reinstall to get 1.0.4 working. Seems to have all the same bugs as the last version and more.

Space bar does not work for ball launch anymore, in any table.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Had to uninstall and reinstall to get 1.0.4 working. Seems to have all the same bugs as the last version and more.

Space bar does not work for ball launch anymore, in any table.

It seems like you need to hold the space bar down a lot longer than before to launch on MM and MB (and I assume HD but I haven't tried that table yet).

Launching on those tables still feels like you are pulling back the plunger and then releasing rather than pressing a button.

MF_

May 23, 2012
It seems like you need to hold the space bar down a lot longer than before to launch on MM and MB (and I assume HD but I haven't tried that table yet).

Launching on those tables still feels like you are pulling back the plunger and then releasing rather than pressing a button.

Just tried HD, space to launch does work okay in that table.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
Double dot in the Version Number. I believe, this is the problem why it is not possible to update. I.e. The version 1..0.4 is lower than version 1.0.3 and as such it get's not installed...

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
It is not possible to buy the new Table Pack (or any other) in the new version.
After a few tries the program crashed.

I have a Mac Mini (Mid 2011) with OS X Lion (10.7.5)

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
It is not possible to buy the new Table Pack (or any other) in the new version.
After a few tries the program crashed.

The game crashed for me too. However, I had to set three security questions for the app store. After that, the game crashed again, but after restarting, i had the new DLC to play with.

I am running a iMac with Mountain Lion.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
The game crashed for me too. However, I had to set three security questions for the app store. After that, the game crashed again, but after restarting, i had the new DLC to play with.

I am running a iMac with Mountain Lion.

I am also getting this window regarding the security questions.
After i have entered my iTunes-Store-Password and a click on Next, the program crashes again.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I cant believe that nobody at Farsight or Apple caught the version number typo. Would someone from Farsight please confirm that there were no bug fixes or improvements? Will the version number issue be corrected quickly? Surely Apple can do that without requiring a new submission since a double dot shouldn't even be allowed.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Once I got past the install bug things seem to work pretty good. I'd never played either table before and really digging Taxi.

I was getting some flipper lag on the 1.0.3 version with my MBA2012 but that *seems* to be fixed on the update.

One visual artifact I noticed (and it may have been there in previous versions): the DMD on CV has distortion at the top and cuts off the top few rows of pixels. I'll upload some screenshots once I get to a network that doesn't block me from EVERYTHING.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Once I got past the install bug things seem to work pretty good. I'd never played either table before and really digging Taxi.

I was getting some flipper lag on the 1.0.3 version with my MBA2012 but that *seems* to be fixed on the update.

One visual artifact I noticed (and it may have been there in previous versions): the DMD on CV has distortion at the top and cuts off the top few rows of pixels. I'll upload some screenshots once I get to a network that doesn't block me from EVERYTHING.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I cant believe that nobody at Farsight or Apple caught the version number typo. Would someone from Farsight please confirm that there were no bug fixes or improvements? Will the version number issue be corrected quickly? Surely Apple can do that without requiring a new submission since a double dot shouldn't even be allowed.

The Version Field is a Free Text Field. You can also set a version abc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.