Bug PS3 Version 2.0.3 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
gorgar abc bonus multipliers now have their sound...also the snake pit says something every time you're in it now instead of just when the game felt like it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Many improvements from what I can tell, but does anyone think the tables are much darker now?
I thought maybe my PlayStation display was dimmed, but it wasn't changed from last time I played.

Unfortunately the quality of my picture (iPod Touch) is not too good, but the the real screen is not much brighter.

TPA_TOM_203_dark.jpg

I'm not sure which version this was from, but the lighting differences are literally night and day
Pinball-horiz.jpg

To me it looks like the table is turned off or has no ambient lighting turned on.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok from what I played (all tables except TOTAN) I'm detecting sound improvements, lighting upgrades, resoloution on graphic models are sharper (I can read table graphics better) the ball is more convincing as a mirrored chrome surface , the DMDs are enhanced . The pinball is back to the version 2.00 weight , which is GREAT! , I didn't complain but 2.02 had a ball weight that was set too heavy , and in Monster Bash among most other tables getting the ball to the upper area of tables was a real chore.

The inside corners of the playfield of Funhouse is still black instead of BLUE , which makes the table look darker than it is , Circus Voltair has not glitched yet , in either the ball flying off or the game not resetting after it ends and letting you start again. (still too early to tell for sure)
So all in all a very promising patch so far , cant wait to see the new tables .

Wapcaplet

Jul 18, 2012
As I reported in this thread, the demos for Gorgar and Monster Bash are still missing. They are the only DLC tables that have no demos available.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hopefully they are going to reset the leader boards for Monster Bash. I see people with ridiculous scores. 99,988,388,700?!?!

My brother, who can't make it to the Wizard Goals on any table, is sitting at over a BILLION points on Monster Bash!

Also, and I think this was mentioned in another thread, but the bloom lighting on the Monster Bash backglass is way too bright.
You can barely see any of the details on it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Many improvements from what I can tell, but does anyone think the tables are much darker now?
I thought maybe my PlayStation display was dimmed, but it wasn't changed from last time I played.

To me it looks like the table is turned off or has no ambient lighting turned on.

I like the current lighting. The PS3 version looks more like the real machine to me as far as the playfield goes, but it just needs more GI.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I can't download this update for the life of me. I get the prompt and then it just sits there with 0% downloaded... and then the "time left" starts going OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!

it's ridiculous... I've never had this happened before.. did I miss this one too?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I like the current lighting. The PS3 version looks more like the real machine to me, but it just needs more GI:

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/theatre-of-magic/

It just looks to me like it's in a very dark room. I don't dislike it, but I like how the colors are more vibrant on the table artwork on the older version.

Again though, a day/night slider would make everyone happy (except the programmers hehe)

DAY!
tom_both_rabs.JPG

NIGHT!
tom%20playf.jpg

I've played pinball in both dim and brightly lit arcades and they are very different experiences.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It just looks to me like it's in a very dark room. I don't dislike it, but I like how the colors are more vibrant on the table artwork on the older version.

Again though, a day/night slider would make everyone happy (except the programmers hehe)

I've played pinball in both dim and brightly lit arcades and they are very different experiences.

Agreed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I can't download this update for the life of me. I get the prompt and then it just sits there with 0% downloaded... and then the "time left" starts going OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!

it's ridiculous... I've never had this happened before.. did I miss this one too?

I downloaded the update, but now I'm unable to sign in. Getting this error message: "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergong maintenance."

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Hopefully they are going to reset the leader boards for Monster Bash. I see people with ridiculous scores. 99,988,388,700?!?!

My brother, who can't make it to the Wizard Goals on any table, is sitting at over a BILLION points on Monster Bash!

Also, and I think this was mentioned in another thread, but the bloom lighting on the Monster Bash backglass is way too bright.
You can barely see any of the details on it.

Heh, speaking as the "#2 ridiculous scorer", you're right, it's BS. Someone must have just posted that 99 billion yesterday or today.

The thing about the Frankenstein glitch is... everyone says you get a jackpot when you nudge... but it's even worse than that. All you have to do is trap two balls, and press DPAD LEFT to your heart's content. It doesn't even nudge the table... and it's 2.5M per press. I put that ridiculous score on there, thinking it was all going to get reset again soon enough.

The good news is: The glitch is fixed. Bad news is, they do need to reset the high scores one more time now.

It's all good. My #1 Gorgar score is totally legit (you can all see the tips thread for how that's done.)

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The sound of Gorgar still isn't 100% fixed. Had a fairly decent ball and got the multipliers to 3x and the heart beat stopped

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Gorgar is better!
StuffedGorgar-1.png

But yeah, I also noticed the heartbeat stopped.

I forgot to check if all players share the same continued goals on a multiplayer game or if they fixed that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.