creature from the black lagoon and Black Knight is Out! 25-09-12

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Try re-install SKILL , because it's not doing that to everyone . Or can you before taking any corrective steps , remember how you did your game installation?

Me : I bought the PS3 version of DLC pak 4 .

Then before launching the game I hit the installer app and allowed it to install .

launched TPA , then saw the table requires unlocking message when I tried to play one of the new tables, so I selected unlock the table .
It went to the PSN store and confirmed the table unlock . it automatically relaunched TPA game on the PS3 , and the tables were ready to play.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So what are everyone's thoughts on the new tables?
Is BK better than the Williams PHOF version?
Do they mess up compatibility on any other tables?
Any huge bugs to speak of?

I don't mean to sound unsupportive of Farsight, but I just updated to 2.0.3 last night and am very happy with the way things are and don't want to mess it up.
I do want the new tables though.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I figured it out user error headset was on. BK seems weird for some reason, the lane bumpers are weak... CFTBL is really easy that left loop is ridiculously repeatable I basically got bored hitting it. there are some art issues but I'll gripe to the art department about that. Im glad theyre here though can we have tournaments now?

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
It play the same as on the ipad. The left ramp is easy to hit also on ipad.
But i love black lagoon.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Black Knight : I had low expectations for this table , I dont know if it just from seeing it on my PS2 Williams PHOF , or if the table sound effects just annoy me , it's a better version of WPHOFC , but I still like this table least of any in TPA , BK is the toughest table of the classics .

Creature from the Black Lagoon : ahh now this table I enjoy , a very cool playfield , and the Monster with Drive-In theme is very relateable , the music is swell , and the DMD Displays keep it very fun. On the Vita the table seems ....small ? I cant quite pick out why, but the experience didn't feel as fun on the small PS Vita screen , but this is no fault of any one thing .

Bring on Taxi and Harley Davidson , and although Im a Elvira Fan , Im looking forward to No Good GoFers the most next month .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Well I went ahead and bought them. I'm a little disappointed with Black Knight. Some of the textures are really lacking on this table,
especially on the red triangular shaped lights. What happened here?!?

This is where the darker play field really makes everything look muddy.
I think this is the only instance where I prefer the WPHOF version of the TPA. The lighter play field, ball & table reflection go a long way
to making it look better on that.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I'm still deciding whether I should get the pack. I keep hearing about slowdowns and flipper lag and all that. How is Creature on it? I never played it before so I wanna know how it is on the Vita. Should I get it? I am confused. I normally never see the bugs other people see so I dunno.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
BK the dual 2 stage flippers up top is whats weird fom me it feels laggy but i have to press harder...is this correct?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm still deciding whether I should get the pack. I keep hearing about slowdowns and flipper lag and all that. How is Creature on it? I never played it before so I wanna know how it is on the Vita. Should I get it? I am confused. I normally never see the bugs other people see so I dunno.

I'm right there with you. As dissapointed as I've been with TPA lately I'm still debating buying this pack. I've been wanting creature for a long long time.

Ah who am I kidding... I know I'm going to buy it, might as well just get it over with.

Danieru_X

Sep 24, 2012
It sucks to live in Australia. I love these tables but I can't get them until the UK release.. on the upside, most of the issues with tables are fixed before they land on my PS3 and Vita :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I didn't get a chance to try BK yet, but I played 2 games on Creature. Second game I ran the table on Standard Goals and got High 5 trophy for being top scorer. All that and I literally have no clue what I'm supposed to be shooting for! I'll be putting in some time with this tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts